Chapter 18: Prepping gone wrong

General POV

Andy slowly groaned awake, the dark space that was his mind-scape slowly registered in his head...but something was off, Irwin wasn't there. 

Andy: "Hello...? Is anyone here?" he asked.

Andy slowly got up, his leg no longer broken somehow. He looked around for something, anything but all he saw was the pitch black of the area. 

Andy: "Irwin, I swear to God, if you're playing a trick on me-!?" he starts. 

He's cut off when he sees a pair of bright yellow eyes staring at him which seemed to be glitching a little to show natural brown eyes. 

From the other person's perspective a pair of bright, steadily glowing pair of baby blue eyes stared back at her own, Marga didn't know how long she had been trapped in her own mind for and she was startled by the appearance of a second being even though its energy was undoubtedly warmer than any Siren...even Omitter who was actually kinda nice.  

Andy: "Hello?" he asked again. 

Marga: "St-stay back!" she yelled, fearfully, "I-I'm warning you!"

Andy: "Hey, hey, easy." he said, "I'm not gonna hurt you." 

Marga backed up slowly, not knowing that it was her long lost cousin, Andy in turned stopped moving and eased off a little.

Andy: "Ok, I'm easing off." he said, calmly. 

Marga whimpered but kept eye contact with Andy. 

Marga: "Help me..." she whimpered, " The Siren...they did something to me..." 

Andy: "Ok, ok, why did they do what they did?" he asked. 

Marga: "Th-they said something about getting close to a Commander or something....m-my cousin I think." she replied. 

Andy: "Ok, what's his name?" he asked, still not recognizing his cousin.

Before Marga could reply Andy's cube glitched to life and he shot up in his hospital bed with a gasp. 

Andy: "GAH!!" he yelled, gasping for air.

Admiral Emily: "Andy!" she yelped. 

Lieutenant Dave: "Easy lil dude, chill." he said, "What happened in that little head of yours?" 

Andy: "S-Sirens...they've taken someone's cousin and assimilated her, she didn't give a name or any specific details though..." he stated. 

Admiral Emily: "Ok...calm down." she said. 

Andy nodded, still catching his breath. 

Admiral Emily: "Can you give a description?" she asked. 

Andy: "U-um...16 maybe 17 years old, female, has brown eyes, definitely Filipino...other than that I can't recall anything." he replied. 

Admiral Emily: "Ok...did Irwin see anything?" she asked. 

Andy's baby blue eyes suddenly turned green.

Steve Irwin: "See what Admiral?" she asked, taking Andy's body over. 

Lieutenant Dave: "Still not used to that." he groaned. 

Admiral Emily: "You weren't in Andy's dream?" she asked. 

Steve Irwin: "No, whenever he goes into dreams I'm never present, I always know he's in a dream if he doesn't talk to me in the middle of the night." she explained.