Chapter 39: War of the Pranks

Manila, Philippines

0200 hours

Current Conditions: Stormy

Tester B popped out of a portal into the still abandoned ruins of what used to be Manila. She floated towards what used to be the Siren FOB and began scanning its mangled remains. There had been no activity from any Human, Siren, or Kansen in the city since the final battle against the Empress, as her scans confirmed but she was not looking for that as the weight on her back reminded her. She was making her way over to the old portal room to see why the little girl with a brown horn popping out of her forehead was in a dimension that was not hers.

Tester B: "Ok little one, here we are." she said, landing in the biggest chunks of rubble left by Andy's and Alex's combined finishing move, "What remains of the portal room should be littered around here."

Eri: "Th-then...how am I here?" she stuttered.

Tester B: "That is what I'm trying to figure out." she said, "Tell me again, how did you end up here?"

Eri: "I-I was in my room...m-my caregiver was trying to give me headpats b-but then I blinked and......I-I found myself on the sidewalk in front of the kind Doctor." she explained, "Th-that's all I can remember..."

Tester B: "I see..." she trailed off.

Eri: "I-I'm sorry if that information is useless......" she whimpered.

Tester B: "No no, it is fine." she reassured, "Siren Portal Travel is meant to be discreet so as not to alert potential targets, it's not your fault."

Eri still sagged a little, not feeling the least bit reassured. As the pair made sweeps around the rubble, attempting to find some evidence of what brought the little girl into the dimension, neither of them heard or saw a humanoid shape cautiously following them.

Eri: "Is there anything here?" she asked.

Tester B: "There are trace amounts of evidence scattered around in the area." she replied, "They're all indicative of the portal giving one last, massive burst of energy, I need to run a few tests in the lab to find out what these mean though."

Eri: "O-ok, can we leave?" she asked, "This place is scary..."

Tester B: "Sure, best not keep the Admirals waiting." she agreed.

A ripple in the air in front of them allowed Tester through and back to base as the humanoid figure from before surfaced and looked up at the empty area of sky that Tester was just floating in.

???: "...woah..." she trailed off.

Azur High, Cafeteria

0800 hours

Current Conditions: Clear

It was a nice, clear morning at Azur High, there was still a day or 2 before Andy once again had to leave on a sortie so his family and friends were going to make the most of their time with him around. As he stumbled into the cafeteria to grab his breakfast, he found the members of his fleet that didn't molest him in the night alongside Marga and Yamato sitting at his table.

Andy: "Hey girls." he greeted, setting his tray down on the table.

Enterprise: "Morning Commander." she greeted.

Warspite: "Did you have a good rest?" she asked, taking a sip of her tea.

Andy: "I was unable to even get a wink." he replied, tiredly, "Akagi, Georgia, Arizona, and Pearl made sure of that."