five. silence

| Five | silence

| Five | silence

all the things she said, all the things she said,
running in my head, running in my head

"I'll take my son with me. So-cheol gets very anxious without me."

Nara still remembers the words her mother said, the words she had overheard when she was twelve. Her mother chose her twin brother over her, left her and then took her twin too. And now when her mother was in front of her, Nara could not help but get deja-vu. She fisted her hands, eyeing how quickly So-cheol leaped towards their mother, hugging her and then hugged their father.

"Nara?" Yi Hyun called out to the girl, standing across them next to Kim Chi, she was expressionless per usual. "Come here, sweetie." Nara loved her father a lot to say no, so she took slow steps towards them and let her father hug her. "You okay?" He cupped her face, worrying over her and Nara nodded.

Although the moment Saebom reached her hand towards Nara, to caress her hair, the latter flinched and moved back a step. So-cheol glared at his twin and then smiled at his mother, hugging her again.

Watching their little reunion, the class of 3-2 were surprised and in awe. Firstly, they had no idea that So-cheol and Nara were siblings, not just siblings but twins and that their parents separated. And the next thing that startled them was when Lieutenant Lee asked them why they were here, Saebom, their mother pushed her son behind and took a daring step towards the tall Lieutenant.

"Lieutenant Chun Ho, not only do you have the nerve to ask us why we are here to take our kids, you have zero ounce of regret for what you are putting these kids under." Saebom was mad, but her stance was fairly casual, her feet apart, hands behind her back and head tilted. Chun-Ho rememered the woman, she had been there for the seminars at the camp many-a-times and had beaten the shit out of all the men. No wonder Nara seemed so familiar to him. "I really did not expect you out of all of these to be following ruthless government orders over protecting the kids."

Yi Hyun was holding both his twins, one on either side, the class were all confused just like everyone else. They wondered why was Yoon Saebom overreacting over a menial military training, it was like a short camping trip, as they were told. The class president took a step closer, they were all hurdled together with their gear and guns behind her.

"We had no other choice."

The class raised their eyebrows, eyes widened at the defeated voice of their Platoon Leader. Normally he was the one who would take no nonsense, never to let anyone walk all over him and yet he was humbled by So-cheol's mother. They did not know how powerful Saebom was in terms of being the leading commander of the SOU squad, but they did fear the lady.

Saebom was about to retort when Yi Hyun held her arm, shaking his head. There was no time to waste on arguments and discussions, right now, they were here to take their kids from this wretched place and leave. Although, they were marvelled at the amount of kids who were present, 200 in total and sadly, none of their parents had arrived.