two. inseparable duo

| Two | inseparable duo

we used to be close
but people can go
from people you know
to people you don't

"morning Prez, what's cookin..."

"move out of my way before I cook you."

Wang Tae-man was laughed at by the class as their class president erased the green board clean with the duster. The kids were happier than usual, mostly because their term exams were cancelled and CSAT postponed for a quarter and were due for extra credits if they complete their training. The girls sitting on the first two benches snickered and laughed at Tae-man who shrugged at them.

"Well atleast I'm trying..." He justified his clownery, everyone knew he was always kidding and upto no good. "Right So-cheol?" He wrapped his arm around his friend's neck and So-cheol only laughed in response. They made their way to the middle of the class, sitting besides each other.

Their first class was to start in ten minutes and since homeroom was the first lesson, things weren't as bad as it seemed. So-cheol sat across the classroom, glancing at his mates. The girls ahead were discussing about some popular kdrama and magna, the group towards the back were talking about some random topic which cited anything from world affairs to sports. Tae-man, Il ha and the others were laughing aloud discussing whatever they thought was cool whilst Kim Chi-Yeol or Kimchi as he was teasingly called, was eyeing at someone from his seat.

So-cheol frowned, Kim Chi sat ahead of him and was the nerd of the class. So seeing him distracted was a new thing, but when So-cheol traced his line of sight he was bewildered to see Nara, his twin being the reason of Kimchi's lost gaze. Nara was seated towards the right, behind her was Ae-sol. The loner and the outcast were best friends.

"Ya!" So-cheol shook Kimchi, a little too loud to garner attention from the others. "Why are you staring at Nara?" He yelled, although they weren't in good terms, they were siblings and always will be.

Kim Chi-yeol was red in embarrassment, and with all the eyes on them, he was praying for the earth to split in two and for him to be buried immediately. "Wha- what?" He adjusted the spectacles on his nose, hesitant and averted his gaze from Nara who was also looking at them. "what do you..."

"Whoa!" Tae-man hooted, the other boys joined him, "Kimchi likes Nara? What an epic love story between a nerd and a loner!"

Nara as always, didn't give a hoot, she was still mad at So-cheol for being nosey than at Kimchi. Her intense glaring was  misunderstood by Kim Chi-yeol. "Stop it," Kim Chi said, standing up and addressing the crowd. "There's nothing... And I'm not a nerd..."

"And Nara isn't a loner." So-cheol butted in again, glaring at the boys. "Stop teasing her with this nerd."

"Ya So-cheol." Nara spoke from her place, her voice was enough to silence them. "Stop calling Kim Chi a nerd and stop being nosey."