nine. twin thing

| nine | twin thing

| nine | twin thing

Hey brother
There's an endless road to rediscover

Hey sister
know that water's sweet, but blood is thicker

"Where is mom and dad?" Nara was relieved to see her mates and her twin enter the house, but she was waiting for the two adults of the group to be there too. "YA SO-CHEOL I AM ASKING YOU SOMETHING." Nara's raised voice alarmed everyone in the room, she was clearly near to breaking down because she'd break So-cheol's face if he said that they died.

"Omma and Appa stayed behind." So-cheol could not meet her eyes, he was in his own grief, tears blurring his vision. "The spheres-" 

The classmates gathered around, Ae-sol and Woo-taek helped the injured lady with some water, Tae-Man and Yoo-Jung were exhausted to say the least while Kim Chi looked at the twins and his heart ached. Their parents had not only crossed through hell to save them, they had stayed behind to keep fighting for them. Kim Chi owed his life to them, but to see their kids in a brawl was not something they'd like.

"And you left them back?" Nara was seething, she took a step closer to her twin, clutching his collar. They were in their military uniforms, but truth be told, they were still kids. "How could you!"

So-cheol pushed Nara away from him, lifting his face and that was when the whole clan saw his reddish eyes and teary cheeks. Nara felt a lump in her throat, she was never an emotional person but whenever her twin cried, she cried.

It was a twin thing.

"na ottuke," He sobbed, holding his head as he broke down, "you are not the only one who cares about them," He pointedly said. If he was angry, they could not tell because of all the crying, "and since when did my mother become yours?" 

That was like a slap to Nara, especially when she had said this time and again. They had separated five years back, and ever since then, Nara made it a point to believe that she had a father and that was her family. But she missed her mother, she missed her twin, and instead of being there for them, she was rude and indifferent to them. 

So-cheol left the room, closing the door while the rest of the kids sighed. The tension here was more than the outside, Tae-man leaned towards Yoo-Jung, "I think its better to fight the spheres than thi-" But he yelped when Yoo-jung pushed her elbow in his stomach. 

"Take some rest," Yoo-Jung told the rest of them, "we'll think of what to do after some time." She looked at Nara who was now at the window. Ae-sol was sitting with the injured woman, with water she had managed to bandage her wound with a clean cloth and the rest of them sat back. The aftermath of seeing deaths had made them want to stick together. 

Kim Chi-yeol placed his camera and the rifle he carried aside, now standing besides Nara. He did not know what to tell someone who had just lost their parents, he could not imagine the pain she must be in. However, when he stood next to her, he realised she was watching her twin from the window. So-cheol was sitting on the veranda of the house, head in his hands and she had her rifle ready in her hand.