ten. together

| ten | together

| ten | together

whenever, wherever
we're meant to be together
I'll be there and you'll be near

Yi Hyun woke up from a nightmare. He dreamt that his family was slaughtered by the creatures and he was alone, with their dead bodies decaying in his arms. When he jolted awake from his nightmare, the first thing he did was search for Saebom who was not in his arms. He was scared for two minutes when he got up and searched the empty floor only for Saebom to walk up the stairs with the rifle in her hand. 

She smiled at him, "morn-" 

The morning became good the instant Yi Hyun hugged her. Saebom was startled at first, but the familiar scent of the man eased her and she hugged him back. Yi Hyun on the other hand was never thankful about anything as he was at the moment when he saw Saebom walk towards him. She was safe, alive and more so, with him. He held her for quite some time, their heartbeats were in synch with the other, Saebom resting her head on his shoulder. 

She had forgotten how peaceful life was with Hyun with her, and it hit her that they had separated, so she broke the hug. "What happ-"

"MICHASO!" Yi Hyun yelled cupping her face, Saebom's hair was loosely tied in a bun and few of the hair strands that covered her face was tucked by him. "Where did you go? Do you even know how scared I was?" 

Saebom tilted her head, confused, "I was searching the perimeter, since I was up anyway." She held his hand, "I didn't wake you up because I knew you slept quite late." 

Yi Hyun withdrew his hand, stepping back at her explanation and avoiding eye contact with her since she looked too cute to remain mad at her. "Arasseo," He rubbed the back of his neck, "just next time, do not leave me behind." He took the rifle from her hand, checking the bullets and walking back to their safe zone as Saebom watched him with a smile. 

_

"I am going,"

"No, you are not." 

Nara was adamant to her the house and go search for his parents, she could not rest even for a second the entire night while the rest dozed off pretty tired. So-cheol was up too. The twins were guarding the rest of them and imagining dreadful scenarios about their parents. So-cheol's anxious heart did not let him breathe in peace even for a second and Nara was constantly hammering herself for being distant towards her parents.

Enough was enough when Nara stood up, using the ammunition from the rifle and buckling up her military uniform. She put the helmet, and tied her hair but So-cheol held her arm, and a fight woke the rest of the kids. 

The kids were resting but not quite asleep, since danger awaited them, they could not be at ease, and the woman with them was silently observing the scenario. Ae-sol had slept resting her head on the cold wall, Kim Chi had tried staying awake but sleep overtook his senses but their eyes fluttered open when they heard the twins.