sixteen. war

| sixteen | war

| sixteen | war

is this the place,
we used to love,
is this the place,
that I've been dreaming of

"Commander, we will be sending the commute at the entrance junction of Seoul, we have others to pick up too. Can we get a count, over?"

"Seven," Saebom held Yi Hyun's hands firmly, hardly having any energy left in her. "Seven of our kids, and an adult woman with an injured arm. They shall be at the junction by evening. Over."

"Noted. What about you and your husband, commander? Over."

Yi Hyun took over, holding Saebom close to him, "you don't need to worry about us. Just get the others to safety. Over."

"Affirmative. Will be arriving shortly. Over and Out."

The couple looked at each other when the communication ended between the two parties. Saebom was not recovering, the wound had turned a darker shade of purple, more so like the skin of the spheres and Saebom felt weaker by the second. It was early in the morning when she and Yi Hyun had thought about things to go about now, considering it was not going to be an easy war.

The spheres were out there, and the food they had would last them two days and even if they took the jeep, they would not know where to go and the fate ahead could be worse than this.

So Saebom suggested an alternative plan. Since they had to leave for Seoul which was two hours away from where they were stranded, it was best to get moving. She was dying any ways and if they get attacked by spheres, it was decided that she would stay back and try to kill as many as she could.

Yi Hyun heard her with grave silence, he was against the fact that his wife was ready to die for the kids when in fact it should be him.

"Ani," Yi Hyun said when Saebom was done talking, "you are leaving with the kids. I will stay for cover. You need medical Sae..."

"Hyun-ah," Saebom took a sharp breath, holding her side tightly, the cloth she had wrapped was bloody too. "Why don't you get that I will not be able to last that long." Saebom inhaled sharply, tears brimming her eyes, "the kids need you, and I need you to understand that the ones outside are more vulnerable than I am. You know your Saebom, I can fight this."

She lied, wiping her tears, "But I don't want to die in the arms of my kids, I want to die for them. Jebal, try to understand. If it comes to it, I am going to stay back for cover."

Yi Hyun shook his head, "Ani-"

But the knocking on the door interrupted their conversation, Nara and So-cheol entered in with a bowl of soup and some granola bars.

"We brought breakfast," So-cheol said with a grin, eyeing his parents, "and drinks." Nara added showing the bottles of water.

Saebom and Yi Hyun put a hold on their conversation and welcomed their twns over to the bed as Saebom sat back, Yi Hyun closer to her. They did not want the kids to see the amount of blood Saebom had lost or how cold her body temperature was getting now.