four. afterlife

| Four | afterlife

| Four | afterlife

Baby I'm preying on you tonight,
hunt you down, eat you alive

"What is that?"

The purple slimy creature hissed at once at the couple, blood spat all over whilst the face of the man was sucked and eaten on completely. Saebom was eyeing the poor man who was dead, the horrific faceless expression of his and then at the creature that lunged at them. Immediately Yi Hyun raised his baseball bat and hit the creature off from their way. When it was about to attack Saebom she shot it, one bullet and the creature blew in purple shiny disgusting slime.

They were stunned, both of them calm yet bewildered of what was happening.

"You okay?" Saebom turned towards Yi Hyun, concerned about the man who nodded, "was that from the sphere?" She asked, both of them looking up at the sky filled with huge spheres. Yi Hyun immediately rushed towards the dead man, hoping if anything could make sense to him but he was unresponsive.

"Jagiyaa," Saebom alerted as she pointed to the direction in which a herd of creatures heading towards them, "lets go..."

Yi Hyun was on his feet, more so because of the sweet endearment his ex-wife called him than the purple creatures rushing towards them. "Car... Sae... car." He headed towards the car whilst Saebom kept shooting on the creatures heading towards them, each bullet killed one each and her aim was just too crispy to be missed. "GET IN THE CAR, SAE." Yi Hyun screamed and Saebom immedialely got in the car, and they drove off the road.

"Ottuke?" Saebom asked, as she looked at the rearview mirror, the creatures were only increasing and multiplying, following them at much higher speed than they suspected. "How far is the school from here?"

"More ten minutes." Yi Hyun sped the jeep through the road, taking nasty turns to get the creatures off from his car. Some of them had already caught up to them and Saebom had readied a rifle each. "Hold tight." He said, and took another rough turn which made the creatures from the side of the jeep to dangle away. "Another turn," He took a mis-turn, a less likely travelled road but stopping the car was not the question at the point.

"They are not even stopping to catch a breath." Saebom huffed, pissed at the creatures. "Are they all from one sphere? The one that fell in the nearby base camp?" She asked, Yi Hyun hurrying through the road.

One of the spheres somehow clung to the jeep glass and made its way towards Yi Hyun's side, jump scaring Yi Hyun into almost crashing the vehicle. Saebom on the other hand watched how the creature was smart enough to hold on to the jeep than try to burst in.

Were they capable of being smart and reasonable?

"Hyun-ah look out!" Saebom pointed at the group of teenagers ahead of them, and Yi Hyun took another turn, almost knocking the group but stopped just in time. Before Yi Hyun and Saebom could step out of the jeep and help the teens, the two creatures who had made it so far had ripped them apart within a flash of a second. Saebom watched how quick they were into piercing their fleshy pointed tentacles into their chests, smashing their brains and sucking the body.