Kabanata 33

Kabanata 33

Accidental Infidelity

The article was taken down immediately after it was revealed that it came from Wright Agency. It was a chaos in the showbiz world when the agency refused to give their statement, especially since they couldn't get a hold of Ryker as of the moment. As the agency updates on their status, marami naman ang nagko-komento na baka masyado na nilang pinoprotektahan si Ryker dahil kasinungalingan lang naman ang kaniyang sinabi. That moment, I've found out that Ryker has been removed from the drama series because of his attitude and actions toward the production team. However, there are still people who wants to protect and defend Ryker because they think Diego was just tainting his image.

We can't do anything about them. May mga bagay na labas na sa aming kontrol kaya hindi rin naman kailangang pilitin. All I want is to defend myself, too. Hindi pwedeng si Ryker lang ang may kapangyarihang depensahan at protektahan ang sarili.

However, on my end, there are things I needed to do. After Diego's conference, my grandparents from my father side called for me. Alam kong hindi dapat pwedeng madawat ang pangalan ng pamilya namin pero nangyari na. All I have to do is to persuade them that they do not have to worry.

"I'm not going to be there to help you. Sinabi mo namang malaki ka na at alam ang tama para sa'yo..." my mother reprimanded.

"Hindi ko naman po sinabing hihingi ako ng tulong sa inyo. Even if my grandparents won't understand, I'll make them."

I wish I could carry that courage with me once I am in front of my grandparent. It takes more than courage to face them especially when you're trying to save and defend a hopeless case. My family has always been dead set on their traditions and rules that there was no room for any change.

"You don't have to explain everything to us. The damage has been done, Lieve," Ahma said as soon as I was done with pleasantries.

Napalunok ako.

"The family business is still doing well despite the issue you were in, Lieve. However, it's unacceptable to me that you were part of it in the first place.  You know very well that we value our family name. We are one of the first nobles of the country at hindi ko hahayaan na tapak-tapakan lang ito ng mga tao just because of that false information."

Inaasahan ko na ito. My grandparents never really liked me from the very beginning. Kahit pa mas lamang ang dugong Chinese sa akin kumpara sa iba kong mga pinsan, hindi naman naging maganda ang impresyon ko sa kanila. I was smart back then but I rebelled when I became friends with Ryker. I never liked attending parties or celebrating occasions with them. I disappoint them when I took arts instead of business. I never exceeded past their expectations. Hindi rin nila matanggap na ang trabaho ko noon ay gano'n lang. Alalay lang. Tagasunod ng utos. I've received a lot of degradation from our family that I was already immune to it.

And this...this is nothing new. I always feel small whenever I'm in front of them, kasi minsan pakiramdam ko walang patutunguhan ang ginagawa ko. They'll turn a blind eye to what's really the root of the problem.

"I am giving you time to break up with that man. You have no future with him. I heard from your parents that you never introduced him to them. Ano ba talaga ang balak mo sa buhay, Lieve? Do you want to live a life full of disappointments? Ganoon na lang ba palagi? A Tuason shouldn't live that way."

"Ahma, you can't make me break up with that man. I'm sorry, but this is absurd. Hindi ko po makita ang rason kung bakit kailangan kong gawin iyon. Diego is a good guy——"

"Being good doesn't bring you fortune."

"Hindi naman po ako mapapasaya ng fortune na iyan. All I want is to be happy."