Alive

Dream POV

I return to my senses when there was something or someone poking my shoulder. I open my eyes, with the first thing to see being George's smile.

We are still cuddled in, with his leg over mine and arms tangled in comfortably under the blanket. I suppose he had covered us with it throughout the night. And it was so warm. I have never felt so comfortable in my life before. Is this the standard life of a human?

"Hello.." George speaks up, his morning voice sounding raspy and just adorable.

"Hi George" Of course I smile at him back. I pull out my left arm and wrap it around his shoulders to hold him close.

"How did you sleep?"

"Amazingly. Do you.. always sleep like this?"

"Well, of course I do, this is my bed after all. What, was it that good?"

"Yes, it was. I'm pretty jealous. But what was thousand times better was the kiss" I smoothly get the new topic into this.

George chuckles "Oh yeah?"

I hum and look down to his lips for a moment, wanting to kiss them again but wasn't sure whether it was the right time for it. "I really didn't expect you to just- let me kiss you. Especially after... you know. Him." I was not trying to be insensitive, as I can imagine that it probably was a horrible experience for George. I do want to be respective.

George's smile weakens and he hums "Well, you're not him. You're you. But, what would you have done if I did say no?"

"Then I would leave you be, what else?" I was confused.

George shrugs "I don't know, to be honest."

We remain quiet in our embrace and I have the feeling that a simple mention of that human ruined the mood. Well, and I think I might know what he is thinking of if he asked me that in the first place. Does he seriously think I would do something bad like that?

"What do we do now?"

"Huh?"

"I'm... in your room. In your bed, quite literally. What time is it?"

George lifted his head to look over my shoulder, checking the digital clock on the desk I'm assuming. "2 hours after the first shifts start, which means it's 9 A.M. right now"

I smile at him "Now, please in my language"

George lets his head flop back onto his pillow and snorts "Which means that you probably have to return now before any suspiciouns fall. But, to be honest? Rarely anyone is assigned to you other than me and sometimes with Sapnap and Wilbur. So I doubt anyone would notice and specifically look after my shifts. But then, there's Quackity and Schlatt." he sighs and just hides his face in my chest.

"Ahh" I hum, understanding him better now. "Well, are we suppose to do anything now?"

"At this point, I don't care anymore. We've broken so many rules by now, I don't think skipping a day would make such a great difference"

"But, they don't know we are doing this right now- or did any other things"

It took George some time to answer "..okay. You're right. But, still."

"Hm, fair enough. Are you sure though? I really don't want you getting into any trouble because of me" My hand brushes through his soft, really messy hair as I stare at the wall behind George.

"It's alright. And, it's not like as if they'd shoot you if they spot you, you didn't do anything bad. Relax, Dream, everything is going to be alright. Let's just... rest for once. Together. In peace." he turned his head to look at me "I'm still tired, staying up late with you and then the hunting after absolutely messed up my sleep schedule even more."