Fire

I was late to school as usual. I was dipped in my thoughts in the bathroom as usual! I held my toast in my mouth and ran down to catch the school bus. Panting, I reached the spot where the bus arrives. I high fived Gabe as I got in.

"Hey!" she smiled.

She had worn a smaller tee today. That wasn't her size! Well, she looked thin! My plan worked.

"You look thin today. I have an assignment to do today evening," I grinned.

"Oh! So today is my makeover day?" she sounded excited.

"Sshhhh... It's a surprise. Especially for Ryan. He's going to love you after that," I winked. Gabe blushed. But my smile faded as I thought about Shane. It was so easy for Gabe. All she had to do his have a makeover to get Ryan. I sighed.

"What's wrong with you?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Nothing's wrong," I glued a fake smile.

"I can't see your ring either. Did you have a fight with Gavin?" she questioned. I wanted to share desperately what's going on inside me or else I was going to explode!

"Actually-" and the bus driver Simon pushed the breaks suddenly. my head hit the front seat. Ouch! Maybe its a sign that I shouldn't tell this to Gabe. I wasn't very superstitious but somehow my heart said I should shut up about it.

"Yeah. So you were saying something," Gabe reminded as we walked to the school gate.

"Yeah! About your makeover!" I plastered a fake exciting face.

"No... something's wrong between you and Gavin," Argh! Why isn't there somethimg a forget button.

"Nothing... He wanted to kiss me and I didn't let him. He's upset about that. Why am I not able to kiss him back?" I questioned. Deep inside I knew the answer, I loved Shane. I was unable to get him out of my mind.

"Don't worry. A kiss isn't as important as love. And if he thinks it is then you should just dump him. He has hurt you a lot," she squeezed my shoulder. Maybe she was right. I should just dump him.

"Wow! You really can talk like a girl at times," I chuckled.

"Yeah. Since you're transforming me into a girl now," she fluttered her eyelashed.

"That looks fake. Don't ever try it on Ryan," I punched her arm.

"Yes teacher," she said in an innocent kid's voice.

"Driz!" I saw Driz and hugged her immediately. My cutr little doll.

"What's wrong with you?" she hugged me back.

"Can't I just hug my friend sometimes?" I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you can. I have a news for you guys," she looked pretty excited. I hadn't seen her this happy since Derek started dating Sophia. This has to be something big. I was eagerly waiting for her to reply.

"I like a guy," she clapped her hands like a small kid. She indeed is my little doll. And this guy better be good!

"Finally you moved on! So is he from our school?" I popped a question immediately.

"Is he a senior?" Gabe asked.

"No! He doesn't stay here. He lives in the near by city!"she said as we walked to the locker room.

"Whoa! And how did you meet him?" I interrogated.

"Thank God for Facebook and Skype!" she smiled brightly. I was so relieved to see her back to normal. She had been crying a lot for that asshole Derek!