Camping!

I was walking back home after school with my earphones on. I could walk for miles with music. It's the best combo!

Someone pulled me from behind and covered my mouth. It must have been Shane. He had tried that before. My eyes were covered soon,too. I smiled.

"Shane... It's you right?" I said nudging.

A familiar voice spoke. It wasn't Shane. "So now it's Shane after me?"

"Let go Gavin!" I tried to pull myself away from him but he was too strong.

"Do you like Shane?"he asked again.

"How does it matter!" My heart was overburdened with the same pain. Why can't he let me get over him?

"Babe. I'm sorry for reacting like that. I didn't know you were drunk." he said with a puppy face. A part of me wanted to punch him in the face right away but the good girl side of me wanted to forgive him.

"I told you I was drunk!" I couldn't control anymore. Tears started building up.

"I was really mad at you! I couldn't bear the fact that you kissed someone else and not me!" he looked straight into my eyes. I looked away from him.

"Did you ever think about me Gavin? It was always you! And why have you come back to me anyway? You are dating Brenda, aren't you?" I folded my arms, controlling my tears.

"No Sum, I love you. I just liked her and was trying to move on. Then I found out you were drunk. I'm sorry." he said hugging me.

I said nothing but I just wanted to cry. I didn't know what to do. Whom should I believe? Moreover Shane told me he was cheating on me. I pulled myself away from him.

"Will you give me one chance Summer?" he asked pleading. He knew I would say yes because I melt very easily. I thought of delaying him instead.

"I'll think over it. Bye," And I left. I was so confused that I was going to crash into a speeding car.

After what seemed like forever, I reached home after listening to all the sad songs over and over again.

To my surprise, the door was already open. Have thieves got in my house?

Slowly, I walked on my toes inside the house.

"Summer! Why are you walking like a thief in your own house?"

"Mom! You scared me! I thought there are thieves in!" I said truthfully. I heard a familiar laugh from behind. It wasn't my Dad.

"And what are you doing here?"

"He was waiting for you outside," mom smiled at him.

"What do you want?" I asked picking some chips which were on the table.

"You told me you'd help me with Biology project remember?" he asked as if it was very obvious. I didn't remember of anything like that.

"Don't you remember? We have to submit it tomorrow? And we are lab partners!" he said.

"Holy strawberries! Yeah!" I hate Biology!

"You could stay here at night and complete it" Mom offered Shane.

"Yeah. If you don't mind?" he asked me.

"Okay," I didn't have any other option. I would have had to do it alone if he didn't stay and I wasn't really good at projects.

"You can start after dinner," Mom said placing the food on the table.

"Sure. By the way, you were going to come back tomorrow right?" I asked.