Lost

We were walking since a long time but I had a doubt whether Shane knew the directions.

"Shane do you know the directions?" I asked, impatiently.

"Good question actually," he ran his hand through his messy black hair.

"Do you?" I asked again, worried. Who would want to get lost in a forest?

"Do I look like a map?" he said a bit rudely.

"No need to be rude. On the serious note, how are we going to get to the others?" I asked, frowning.

"I don't know," he shrugged.

"Oh my God! I am lost in a forest with YOU!" I exclaimed.

"It's an honour. Believe me. All the girls would die for this opportunity," he chuckled.

"Aren't you worried that we're lost? We don't know for how many days we'll have to roam like this without food and water. Doesn't it make any difference to you?" I asked, widening my eyes.

"Hottie... You worry too much. This forest is not too big. And others will find us if... if we're walking in the right direction," he said, observing the surroundings.

"You also have to go to receive Sophia, remember?" I reminded him.

"As if I care. It's good that we're lost. At least I have a valid excuse to get rid of her," he snorted.

We kept walking further and further. It was getting a bit dark now.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I could see in his eyes that he is concerned about me.

"I'm just tired. Can we halt for sometime. Please?" I begged. My energy was drained.

"Sure. You can," he said searching for a spot to sit. He started walking a little more further.

"You said that we're going to halt," I blinked repetitively at him.

"I can hear the water running. A river runs through tthe middle of this forest, right? We could halt somewhere near it," he said as we reached a place from where we could see it.

"We're in the middle of the forest. Wow!" I said with sarcasm walking faster to reach the river.

It was the time after sunset. We could see the snow-white moon in the sky. It made the atmosphere pleasant. I wasn't feeling scared or nervous due to the moonlight. I sat on a rock as we reached the end.

"We could spend the night here. We'll set out tomorrow again to find the way back," he said sitting next to me. I felt a protected armour around me as he came near.

"Yeah," I said, a bit distracted. Why did all the absurd things in the world happen to me? First Gavin, then DK and now I'm stuck with Shane.

"Worried about DK?" he asked with his eyes sparkling.

"Umm... a bit. I should have warned the girls before coming," I said pulling my knees upto my face.

"They'll be just fine. You know aggressive Gabe is, right?" he chuckled.

"Right," I smiled.

I cold wind touched my skin and I started getting goosebumps. Why did I choose to wear shorts? I cursed myself.

"You're getting goosebumps. Want my tee?" he asked, hesitantly.

"It's alright. I like you as the annoying Shane. You being sweet is a little.... artificial..." I grinned.