200: Bring Me Back to Life

Qrow was finally found by Jaune and Pyrrha on their search for the source of the Grimm.

Jaune boosted his Aura to get him mobile again.

Qrow lost no time even before that telling them what happened.

"We have to help," Pyrrha said.

"But if we don't stop the Grimm, soon it'll be too late for everyone else. What if it is already?" Jaune said. "You don't understand--our friends could kill each other. Remember what Theo's book said?"

"Well, Ironwood and Glynda will kill Winter if we don't help," Qrow said. "I only hope we're not too late for that."

"Winter won't go down so easily," Pyrrha said firmly, "I'm sure. We... Wait, look."

She pointed. They saw smoke.

"Grimm," Jaune said.

"If I see smoke, I'm going to bet that's where our friends are," Pyrrha said. "Let's go."

"One more thing, you can't fly," Jaune told Qrow.

"I know," he said. "They go right for the magic. Running's a lot slower."

They took off running anyway.

* * *

Wally found Oscar probably only seconds from it being too late for the other three.

Oscar had been struggling not to give in to the Grimm himself, and any move he made to help them had only made it double down.

He was beginning to feel he should just give in... Why bother trying if he couldn't win?

All this could be over if he just gave up. Why should he have to worry about everyone else?

Ruby had gone grey, and the other two weren't even trying anymore to get free.

Oscar dimly saw a bunch of yellow clones running around that were Sun's, and they seemed to be trying to hold off someone else--it might have been Hazel, but Oscar didn't get a good look.

Suddenly, Wally was there.

"Hey, let them go, you freaky alien plants!" he cried.

The plants did not oblige.

"Oscar, are you okay?" Wally asked, shaking him.

Oscar blinked a little. "Mr. West? They...they're too strong... Nothing I do makes any difference! I'm just so fed up! It's not fai--"

Wally covered his mouth.

One of the plants twitched.

"I don't know how these work, but maybe don't say anything," Wally said.

He frowned. "I don't know if just frying them is going to work. I need to break their hold."

One of the flying Grimm overhead circled around them menacingly.

Wally rubbed his hands together and tried to electrocute one of the plants. It shuddered and clenched tighter.

"The Aura they're injecting protects them..." Oscar said. 

"I really need a sword," Wally said, "or spear..."

Oscar reached for this.

At that, one of the flying Grimm swooped down and plucked him up, then flew into the air.

"Hey!" Wally cried. "Put him down!"

The Grimm didn't do it.

"Let's go!" Oscar cried. He tried to pry him off him, but it didn't let go.