92: Speaking My Mind

Everyone had a lot of time to think in the interval of waiting for morning.

Oscar pondered what had happened some more--he told Pyrrha about it, she seemed so understanding.

And it was sort of nice to tell someone who was just there to listen, not to instruct, though he appreciated that also.

"That's...very wondrous," were Pyrrha's words. "To think it's been going on for so many days, I never would have guessed."

"I just feel like I have to figure it out," Oscar said. "And I don't know how to. And I can't let the curse get the drop on me, but even thinking about it, I think it might make it worse, because it weighs on Ozpin too...so what do I do?"

"Hmm," Pyrrha mused a bit wistfully, laying on her stomach on one of the beds. "You sound just how I felt when I thought about the Maiden powers. I wish I had listened to my friends back then...or asked them at all. But Oscar, it seems to me you know the right thing to do, when you need to do it. Maybe worrying about it isn't necessary."

"I don't know if I can help it," Oscar said.

"I suppose," Pyrrha allowed. "I'm happy to listen, but would it help more to get your mind off it?"

"Maybe it would," Oscar said. "Maybe I've been thinking about it too long to think clearly. It's just...hard."

"I know it's hard...but how about you tell me something else about yourself?" Pyrrha suggested. "Where's are you from?"

"Oh... Anima," Oscar said. "A small farm, tiny really."

"And you live with your Aunt right?"

"Yeah."

"No Uncle?"

"Well, my aunt had a brother," Oscar said. "But he moved to Vacuo I think...or was it Vale? One of those. I forget. She never married though, my mom was their younger sister."

"Oh I see," Pyrrha said.

It was easy once he got started, Oscar hadn't had anyone ask that much about himself, except for Emerald a little bit.

They also talked a bit about books. Pyrrha proved to have a very detailed memory of many old stories just like Oscar did.

She was right, he began to feel a little bit better once his mind was on something else.

Blake even joined them at one point, since she could hear them talking.

* * *

Shine got up again right at daybreak, and watched the sun come up, the heat wasn't quite with it yet.

"Another day, another challenge," she mused. "Still, rejoice... I  guess that's not so easy these days."

The breeze was nice though it was still cool from the night air.

[I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers-- Heard this song and immediately thought it fit Qrow, heck even my Mom did.]

After a few minutes she said "What do you want Qrow?"

A bird flew over and poofed into Qrow.

"How did you know I was there?" He was put off a little.

"It's taken a while, but I think at this point even your magic is something I can sense," Shine said. "At least when Ozpin or one of the Maidens isn't around to drown it out. And ever just have the feeling you're not alone?"