191: Fire in My Heart

Blake, Nora, and Ren had almost despaired of Sun surviving. His breathing was getting more and more shallow, and he was getting cold and clammy.

Nora put a hand on Blake's shoulder.

Blake pursed her lips.

They heard the sounds of fighting outside, then the water crashing.

But a few minutes after that, Wally appeared and told them everything was over.

"You kids okay?" he asked.

"We're all right, but Sun..." Ren said.

"You have to help him!" Blake had a choke in her voice. "Please, Mr. West..."

"We'll get him to the others," Wally said.

He dashed Sun away, and they all followed as fast as they could.

They arrived to find water shooting out of a rock... weird.

Not like a waterfall either, just like it shot out of the rock itself.

Everyone else was happy to see them until they saw Sun's condition.

Emerald explained what happened as well as she could.

"He ate a Grimm fruit?" Raven said. "How is that possible?"

"I can't explain it," Emerald said. "The thing hypnotized them all. Somehow I was immune, but I was looking at Blake, and I didn't stop him... I'm sorry... really..."

"It's not your fault, all right?" Mercury sounded annoyed. "Stop apologizing for it. You saved us all."

"He's right," Hazel said.

"Can we help him?" Pyrrha was looking at Sun. "The cakes...?"

"I don't think we could get him to swallow them now," Shine said.

"If we had some wine maybe," Theo said.

"I wish we'd saved that water now," Pyrrha said.

"Oh, Pyrrha, that water was just a physical representation of what we have," Shine chided her. "I wouldn't give up hope yet. We should pray."

"Prayer, sure," Cinder muttered.

"What do you care anyway?" Roman said to her.

"I don't," Cinder said, "but mere words are not something I would be relying on."

"What else do we rely on but words?" Shine glanced at her. "Be quiet if you can't be helpful."

Cinder walked away. No one was sorry.

"Oscar, maybe the staff..." Blake said.

"He's not looking at it, but I could try..." Oscar put this over Sun.

Nothing seemed to happen.

Jaune boosted Sun's Aura gamely. 

"I can help him hold out, but we need to get it out of him," he said.

"Do you think if you swallow something that's Grimm you turn into Grimm?" Neptune said unhelpfully.

He got glares from most of team RWBY.

"Sorry, I want you to help him, I'm just worried what it's doing to him," he said. "But he's my best buddy, so... anything I can do to help."

Shine stared at Sun, then she said, "There is one thing I could do... but you won't like it."

"I won't?" Blake said.

"Yes. Try to remember that this doesn't actually do the damage it looks like it does." Shine held up her sword.