112: Never Seen Your Face Around Here

Oscar was waiting for Pietro to finish with his upgrades when he got the news.

He'd been wondering if it was okay for him to get a better weapon when he wasn't licensed.

Whitley pointed out that Weiss had had her weapon before she was licensed, so it was fine. Technically he was Ozpin's student.

Libby, who was there with them because Whitley had decided to enlist her as a guide whenever he left the school--he was tired of the others forgetting him--laughed at Oscar.

"Everyone in Vacuo has a weapon except this fool." She pointed at Whitley. "It's not illegal. If it is, no one would enforce it." [Vacuo is Remnant New Jersey confirmed.]

"I realized that Oz probably uses a cane because it's not an easily identified weapon, though," Oscar mused. "Doing what I did kind of makes it obvious."

"Isn't your thing being different than Ozpin?" Whitley had not gone entirely without noticing things in his time with them.

"I guess it is," Oscar said. "I just...felt like Alicia might kind of like it. I know--that's stupid."

"I still don't fully understand who that is," Whitley said. "But if you admire her, at least that's better than the professor."

"He really needs to learn some manners," Ozpin griped. "I am a perfectly qualified huntsman."

"Oz, not the time for ego," Oscar said. 

After he got the call, his weapon was not the first thing on his mind.

"Ruby's gone." He had gone pale. "I can't believe it..."

"This is a disaster!" Whitley said.

"Didn't he say your sister was gone also?" Libby asked.

"Yes, and it's a disaster," Whitley said. "She's leaving me alone with Winter and Mother!"

"And Klein," Libby offered, "your...servant?"

"Butler," Whitley corrected. "A better servant. Well, now he's really our doctor--but the point is, she can't do this to me!"

"Right, she got kidnapped just to spite you," Libby said flatly.

"What's wrong?" Penny flew over.

They told her.

"Oh no!" Penny put her hand to her face. "How horrible! I have to go look for them! They are my friends!"

"Uh guys, apparently Winter is also missing." Oscar had read further.

Whitley looked green.

"Well...that's not good," Libby said. "The Lieutenant of Atlas Military is bound to raise a stir."

"That's what you're worried about?" Whitley said.

"Hey, I live here! I don't want more Grimm around," Libby said.

"We have to go back and help!" Oscar said frantically.

"Wait, Oscar." Penny grabbed him. "You can't go anywhere without your cane/staff/spear. Moreover, you are small and less highly trained. I should go first."

Oscar frowned.

"Didn't have to do him like that, love," Libby said wryly.

"If my friend Kip has done this, I should stop him!" Penny said. "It's my fault for introducing him."

"But it's not," Oscar said. "And Ruby is..."

"Is what?" Ozpin asked hopefully.

"Our leader and friend," Oscar finished.