43: Everything is Screaming

Headmaster Theodore's office looked a lot like Leo's, not very reassuringly, except that instead of tea and books everywhere, there were weapons and casts of slain grimm along the hallway and on the walls.

They only saw that once Qrow had banged on the door and yelled: "Theo, get your tail out here!" Enough for him to open the door.

No one except Ozpin knew exactly what to expect, even Winter had only seen the guy from a distance when visiting in the past with Ironwood, she'd not been in the loop then.

Theodore was probably the oddest mismatch of style, taste, and presentation you could imagine, even for Vacuo.

He wasn't a tall man, but he was bulky enough, he had a narrow, tan face that made him look like he should be a farmer...undercut quite literally by a scar running down one cheek. Big brown eyes but with dark circles under them that made him look less friendly.

He had a man-braid down his back that reminded them a little too much of Tyrian, and there was a key around his neck, just like the ones for the vaults at the other kingdoms.

[Theodore Rhodes Design by Julianna Gardner and yours truly.]

His outfit made your eyes hurt, no one in Vacuo had the most developed sense of fashion as it was, but he had dark blue plaid lining on his jacket and pants, combat boots in a color that didn't really fit that, and a toolbelt that might have had h...

His outfit made your eyes hurt, no one in Vacuo had the most developed sense of fashion as it was, but he had dark blue plaid lining on his jacket and pants, combat boots in a color that didn't really fit that, and a toolbelt that might have had his weapons in it.

On the desk behind him, which had nothing on it other than this and some coffee, was a plaque that said "There's no place like home."

"Oka--ay," Wally had a feeling this was going to be

"Oka--ay," Wally had a feeling this was going to be...interesting.

This was confirmed when Theodore punched Qrow in the face first thing.

Winter got out of the way just before he could hit her while he fell back from the impact, but she put her hand on her sword.

"Qrow!" Theodore said. "You've got a lot of nerve showing up here. What's with the hospital's worth of wet drips that you all deposited on my doorstep?!"