40. Marked

EVA

This is where I am meant to be. It's something Lilith has always known from the day Hades claimed her. She knew Dante was mine, she never doubted the bond the Moon Goddess had set in place, and I am so grateful to her that she refused to let go of the bond.

The pain I suffered all these years, the pain Dante suffered too, means nothing in the light of this moment.

Here in his arms, my senses exploding, the bond sizzling with desire and the anticipation of completion, is home.

Dante is home.

The bedroom door closes behind us as Dante kicks it shut with more gentleness than the first time we walked in just hours ago.

The scent of our previous furious fucking against the door engulfs us as soon as we step in and the heat between us blazes into an inferno.

Dante groans as I excitedly rub my core against his abs.

"Yeah baby, I'm gonna fix that for you." He growls, untangling my legs from his waist and sliding me down his body taking my dress over my head as he does so. He removes my bra and panties so fast I can barely blink.

I stand naked leaning against him slowly unbuttoning his shirt as his hands run over my hips and ass, sinking his fingers into my flesh.

"Baby it is a crime to cover this body in clothes." He squeezes my ass as I run my hands over his tattooed chest finally understanding the meaning behind them all.

I trace Carlton's name wrapped in a spiral of water, then move to the blood-red rose with the word Grace running through, his mother's name I finally realize. I brush the beautiful dark swirls and flowers that created a vivid tapestry on his body, understanding finally how he hated himself so much that he covered his pain and ugliness with surface beauty.

"Uruz, Ansuz, Berkano." I whisper as Dante lets me remove his shirt.

"What does that mean?" He asks running his hands up my spine bringing them forward and down my waist again. My body shivers as his calloused fingers graze a burning path over my skin.

"The runes on my back." I turn and he lowers himself to his knees facing my lower back.

"I almost died in an accidental overdose myself after my first heat. We have great doctors at Crystal Moon but my mother wanted a healer from her old country to look at me. I visited my mother's old pack in Norway and the healer, gave me these."

Dante traces the first rune.

"Uruz, the rune of the inner queen. For strength, and the will to live passionate and free." I whisper.

He traces the second.

"Ansuz, representing the breath of life, connecting me with my ancestors and the Goddess, drawing from them to bring order and awareness when I was far from it."

He touches the third which sits just above my tailbone.

"Berkano. The rune of maternity. It represents rebirth, healing, and protection."

His lips press against the third rune as his hand slides over my barely discernible bump.

"I love this one the most." He whispers turning me around.

I look down at this god of a man kneeling at my feet.

"I'm sorry my love for everything. Thank you for being my healing."

He kisses the tiny bump his hands gliding over my hips, grasping me under my ass.

"Hold on baby." He warns then lifts me up swinging my legs over his shoulders as he stands.