9. Fire

EVA

We move down the stairs, swiftly passing a dozen omega she-wolves arms loaded with cleaning items and one carrying a large air purifier. They stand flat against the stairwell wall bowing their heads as we pass. Lilith huff's at them unimpressed and they cower against the wall at her disapproval.

As we pass the second floor the Alpha office door swings open.

"What the hell is all this racket?" Beta Kaison bursts out, freezing as Leroy and the boys pass with the huge ebony bed scratching up the walls in the stairwell.

"Luna?" He asks eyes wide just as Bryan steps behind him.

"Leroy, what's going on?" Bryan asks his son.

"Luna is cleaning out the Alpha suite." He says glaring at his dad and Beta then ignoring them continues downward with the large bed.

I smile at the young Gamma-to-be feeling his intense disapproval targeted at his superiors.

Lilith eyes the young man with approval as we continue down the stairs, Bryan and Kaison following the procession.

By the time we reach the porch quite a crowd has gathered at the front of the pack house. Clearly, the pack link has been on fire, just like the Alpha's bed is about to be.

Troy hands me a lighter and fluid but Leroy grabs them before I can.

"Luna, may I?" He asks, and I nod with a grateful smile.

The boys back off and move the gathering wolves away as Leroy steps forward squirting lighter fluid on the black silk-covered mattress and timber frame. With a flick of the lighter and a loud whoosh, the bed is engulfed in flames and dark smoke rises into the air.

Only the crackle of splintering wood breaks the silence of the still-gathering crowd of wolves.

I cast a glance across the crowd of blurring faces of Dante's pack. Their emotions carry in their scent to me. Confusion, shock, and respect.

Lilith huffs again. I catch Leroy's eye and nod him over to me.

"Luna?" he asks with a smile.

"Thank you, Leroy. I think we've done enough. Can you show me to the kitchen please, I need something to eat."

My eyes meet Kaison's expressionless stare. The glaze in his eyes tells me he is in mind link. More than likely with his Alpha, giving him the low down of what my crazy, jealous wolf has done. Good. When his gaze clears up I speak.

"Whatever it is you are hiding for Dante I will find out. I warned you about Lilith and you didn't have the sense to make sure the room you were sending her to was clean from the stench of Dante's whores. This is on you. I suggest you clear up any other messes because this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Lilith. And that dinner you hoped for, it's off. I don't want to see your Alpha until tomorrow, I've had enough disrespect this day to last me a lifetime. Let's go, Leroy."

Leroy leads me back into the pack house through a maze of rooms to the back where we find a large dining room.

The cool and quiet of the empty room soothe my soul as Leroy guides me toward the back kitchen.

"Hey Leroy, does the Luna need anything?" A soft voice follows a stunning honey-skinned she-wolf, her hazel eyes light up when she sees Leroy and peeks at me with a sweet smile from the other side of the kitchen bench.

"Luna, this is Kaila, Beta Kaison's sister, she runs the kitchen, the best Head Chef we've ever had." Leroy smiles down at the lovely she-wolf. The pretty she-wolf blushes at Leroy's compliment and I smile at the obvious attraction between the two.