38. Three words

EVA

"Oh my goddess, you're pregnant," Cordelia says the minute I walk into her suite. It's no surprise to me, I knew she would scent me, everyone can now.

"Yes I am, now let me see my niece,"

I reach for the pink-wrapped bundle in her arms, nuzzling down into her sweet new-born scent.

"She's beautiful Cor, what's her name?"

"Helga," she says choking.

I blink back tears.

"Mom would be so happy," I whisper.

"So tell me, how far along are you?" She asks.

"Almost six weeks," I whisper, and before I can stop them tears start falling down my cheeks.

"Oh, Evie, what's going on with you?" Cordelia says wrapping an arm around my shoulder as I rock baby Helga gently so she doesn't wake up because of my stupid crying.

Quiet sobs rack me as Cordelia holds me. Hushing my sobs, rubbing my back.

When I'm calm enough, I pull away wiping my face.

"I'm in so much trouble Cordelia. I love him. It's so stupid. I want him in my life, in our pups' lives. I can't shake it at all. He revoked his rejection and he wants me to join his pack."

Cordelia strokes my hair looking down at her newborn pup.

"The only thing I can tell you is this Evie. If you love Dante then he has given you enough reason to fight for what the goddess gave you both. Someone has to. That is what being mates is all about. Love isn't always equal. Sometimes someone loves more first, but the power of the mate bond will get you where you both need to be, you just need to trust the process. Plus now you have pups on the way. They deserve to have parents who are willing to fight for their happiness and they will only be happy if you both are."

Cordelia's words ring in my head as later that afternoon, just before we are ready to head home. I wait outside the pack house leaning against his SUV for Dante to return from a hunt with Eric.

As the sun sets Hades and Eric return and nothing prepares me for the sight of Hades as he breaks through the treeline his coat glistening with shades of red in the setting sun. His scent latches onto me. Sweaty and primal, excitement and satisfaction of a successful hunt fill his pheromones.

My hand raises irresistibly drawn to his thick coat as he nears, his large head leaning over me nuzzling down into my neck.

"You're so beautiful Hades," I whisper running my hands through the thick fur around his neck. He growls low pushing into my hands and accepting my embrace.

A staccato takes off in my chest. Hades oozes power and virility, making other areas of my body flutter along with my heart.

Hades growls again and steps back shifting. Dante rises from his knees not caring that he's butt-naked and very aroused.

Eric smirks and discretely leaves us.

"Keep looking at me like that and I'll fuck you right here in the backseat," Dante growls stepping toward me.

I can't look away. His body is sculpted perfection. I'm a hormonal horny mess and my eyes are locked on target on his thick hard cock.

"I'm warning you, Eva." He growls, stepping closer to me until I'm pressed against the SUV door as he leans over me slapping the rooftop.

I snap my eyes to his, my heart thunderous, breaking my willpower.

"I want you to take me home Dante. You can fuck me there."