22. Hot Tub

DANTE

Hades huffs in approval as I run through the woods back to the pack house.

Oh, fuck you. I curse the asshole of a wolf that lives in me.

I pick up my pace running barefoot in my naked human form, I haven't done this in a while but there is a thrill that runs through me, primal energy spurned by the power of the full moon pushing me toward my mate.

It's not long before I reach the pack house. Avoiding the front doors I stealthy make my way to the back of the house and out toward the swimming pool.

Making sure I'm unseen, I enter the pool maintenance shed weaving around various bits of equipment and chemicals to the back where I move a large ancient pool cleaner.

Underneath is a well-concealed trapdoor.

Finding the old metal ring handle I lift the cement lid with ease, climbing down the ladder that disappears into a vertical abyss. I closed the trapdoor again before I descend further down, my night vision kicking in easily.

It's only twenty feet to the bottom when my feet find purchase on the floor below. I follow the tunnel, having to bend low as I make my way through running my hands along the cool cement walls.

The tunnel ends at a steel door with an electronic keypad. It used to be opened with a key but my father lost it during one of his drunken stupors trying to sneak in a she-wolf into the Alpha suite. When I became Alpha and he told me about the escape tunnel. I personally changed the locking mechanism, took me a fucking long time and a lot of YouTubes to install the sophisticated lock.

The door opens with a click and I step into a tiny hall that runs along the back of the pack house basement. Behind the wall is the basement games room. I hear balls clicking and laughter as teen wolves play pool, music booming through the walls.

I squeeze through the tiny stairwell that is so small my broad shoulders brush along the walls as I climb the three flights to the Alpha suite.

Eva deserves my admiration for all she has done to stop me from coming to her tonight. But I told her from the start I was bad. I am bad. She should have known there would be nothing that could stop the big bad wolf from coming for her.

I reach the top of the stairwell and find a blank wall. I stop and listen, my hand on the wall.

There is silence on the other side. I push the wall and it smoothly swings open as I step into my library.

She's been in here again. I breathe in Eva's sweet scent, my heart skipping as the bookshelf behind me glides closed with a soft click.

My eyes skim the room immediately noting one book missing. I know this room like the back of my hand, my books and my records are organized precisely.

I frown at her choice of reading material. Bloody horror does not forebode well for me.

Leaving the library, my steps falter and I close my eyes, holding back a groan.

I have never scented anything as delicious as Eva in heat.

A wave of pure ambrosia leeches from the bedroom and floods every corner of the suite. I move like I'm underwater, a slave to her scent, my body reacting physically in the way nature intended.

Fully and painfully erect, my cock curving up at me, my heart slams into my chest as I stalk my mate's scent down the hall toward the bedroom.

Hades surfaces and growls low with excitement. We are both finally in agreement. We are where we should be tonight.