17. Luna Eats First

DANTE

I don't think I can take another night of sleeping on my office sofa. It is definitely not designed for a six-foot-seven, two-hundred-and-fifty-pound wolf.

I groan at the crick in my neck sitting up angrily.

Fuck Hades and his stupid mouth.

The shit he gets me into and then disappears leaving me with the fallout.

Eva is stewing. Rightly so. I've been on this damn couch for a week and I'm fucking over it.

I'm over her ignoring me all while buttering up my entire fucking pack.

It's all I hear day in and day out. She has Nancy and Melanie tied around her perfectly manicured finger. The Gamma and Beta females constantly praise her when she's not around. She can't seem to do any wrong.

She's been helping Melanie out with tutoring pack teens and babysitting the Beta pups so Kaison and Melanie can have some alone time - Kaison worships her for that.

She's over at the Gamma house almost every evening, according to Bryan she and Nancy are obsessively watching some TV series about zombies and fucking fungus.

She's even in the damn kitchen. I embarrassed the shit out of myself last night praising Kaila for the best rhubarb and pear pie I'd ever had only for her to smirk at me happily telling me Eva had baked dessert for the pack. Well, that was the fucking cream on the cake, the pack bombarded her with praise devouring the Luna's pie- well except for The Three. I saw them tossing the pie in the trash like the petulant bitches they are.

Fuck my life.

Eva was right about me in every way. Her words ring painfully true in my mind.

I'm not honorable.

If I was I wouldn't have revoked my rejection and I wouldn't be even thinking half the things I've spent the week thinking about.

Like fucking Eva on the full moon. Tasting her heat and cooling it with my knot. Goddess be dammed, I am more than thinking about it.

Less than a week away, it's all I can think about as I watch the moon each night wax to fulfillment.

I relish the thought of sinking my cock into her pretty mouth. The same mouth that keeps shredding me apart every time she opens it.

I groan as my dick hardens. I feel like I've been living with a hard-on since she got here.

Rubbing my crotch distractedly I stare at the ceiling, my mind racing.

The taste of her lips still burns mine. I was so fucking angry when I kissed her in the Alpha suite I paid no mind to skill or seduction, punishment was my goal. Instead, she's the one punishing me with how her sweet innocent lips parted for mine in shock.

Lips I'm fairly certain have never been kissed by anyone else.

I tasted her purity on my lips, her scent screams virgin at me.

My mind goes crazy thinking that she hasn't let anyone touch her despite what I've done to her.

Did I fuck her up that bad, she couldn't?

My claws dig into my palms as I head for my office shower. I step into scalding water, slapping a palm again the tiles pretending the warmth on my face is just the shower water and not tears of shame.

I step out of the shower, dry off, entering the office with a towel around my waist linking Kaison to get me some clean clothes. I don't dare step into my own room for fear just one scent of her will send me over the fucking edge of no return.