52. Be Nice, Don't Scare Her

''Ser Hugh? Ser Hugh!'' Jory declared

''As you can see, I'm busy.'' Hugh grumbled

''I'm here on behalf of Lord Eddard Stark, the Hand of the king. I'm the captain of his guard." Jory informed him

''I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name, Ser...'' Hugh finally turned to look at Jory

''No "ser." I'm not a knight.'' Jory corrected

''I see. Well, it just so happens that I am.''

''He said he'd be glad to talk to the Hand himself. He's a knight, you see." Jory informed Ned.

''A knight. They strut around like roosters down here. Even the ones who've never seen an arrow coming their way.'' Ned declared.

+

"Hey Gendry," Hayley remarked as Bran and Rickon came into the tent. 

"My lady, my lords." Gendry answered. 

"This is Bran and Rickon, Bran is going to be a knight one day, what a bore." Hayley mused when Bran gawked back at her. "But I was telling them about your really bad ass helmet." 

"Can we see it?" Rickon questioned as he jumped from Hayley's back. Gendry got it for them. 

"Cool." The boys echoed touching the metal. It made Gendry feel like he was respected and apricated. 

''I was thinking for future knights and guard and protecting cute heads like them, can you make a helmet like yours for Bran and Jon and... Does your dad need a helmet?" Bran shrugged. "Lets start with Jon and Bran and maybe a little blade for Rickon?''

"Yes!" Rickon agreed. 

"Just all the things, and I want you to do them because you are the best." Hayley decided and Gendry blushed. 'money is not an option because I'm the kings mother and I'm sure I can figure it out.' She put down a pouch of coin before him. 

"Where did you get that?" Bran questioned. 

"Someone that didnt need it anymore." Hayley offered. The men that attacked sansa didnt have much but combined they made up a heafy little pouch, Hayley thought it would come in handy and she knew how much Jon liked the helmet. Hayley wanted to get him something, after all he was her new son. 

'this is too much,' Gendry noted picking up the bag. He tried to hand it back to her.

'Nonsense, two helmets and a few swords, thats not enough." Hayley corrected. 

"But for you-"

"I'm just a customer, you are never going to make money if you give things away to your friends, come on let me pay you, fair wages and bonus because I like you." Hayley decided. 

"Thank you, thank you.' Gendry rasped sticking the coin in his apron. 

"you do good work. You are worth every penny.' Hayley assured. 'so a helmet to start?'

'Yes, just like mine?' gendry questioned as she held it in her hands.

'Can you make it a wolf?'' Hayley countered and Rickon howled out. 

'These knights stretch around like roosters out here, even those who have never seen battle.' Ned said riding around the town with Jory

'We shouldn't be out here you don't know who has eyes where.' Jory noted nervously, looking around.

'Let them look.' Ned said confidently dismounting from his horse. He heard howls coming from the tent a laugh he knew to be Hayleys

'Lord Stark?' jory questioned. Ned turned away from the women he was sure was Hayley.