59. I Approve

Princess Charming / Aemond / Daemon Out now!

Night had fallen as the wind whipped through the trees, blowing the curtains around, as if a dance, an invisible dance. Ned tilted Hayley's chin up and captured her lips. His kiss stayed, connecting, as her body built and fell beneath him, the sound of his name a whisper in the dark. 

She fell asleep against him. Felt his fingers threading through her hair. Slow and simple and it made her smile. Made his pulse that much stronger in his veins. Ned lay his forehead against hers as she smiled into him. 

When the morning sun came in Ned crossed the room to the window, naked ass giving Hayley a nice view for the morning, she watched him a moment longer as he stared out over the rising sun. She sat up in bed and let the sheet fall to her waist. 

"Perhaps we should not stand in the window?" Hayley mused. "I dont like to share my men." 

"Your man?" Ned smiled back at her. 

"Mine." Hayley agreed. He fingered the curtain the chain holding it back, a heavy chain worn tight around as the curtains demanded to fly free in the early breeze, each link forged from a different metal. He pulled away moving back to Hayley and she smiled back at him. 

There was something about ned stark that drove Hayley crazy. He was a loving father. A brave warrior. Devoted... husband. She knew that even though he was in a loveless marriage but still he wouldnt want her. Yet here he was curled up in her bed kissing her gently. She didn't even know if divorce was a thing here.

Ned stark consumed her thoughts what no man had ever done before.

"Can I ask you something?"

Hayley couldnt imagine anything about her that would make any sense to him but she nodded. 

"It's personal and none of my business," Ned added. She coughed out a laugh. 

"Can't wait to hear this then."

"Your birthmark." Ned began as a finger trailed over her crescent birthmark on her shoulder blade.

"Just a birthmark." Hayley corrected. "My... my Hope had the same one." 

"Crescent... Jon was telling me about your crescent pack." Ned went on. 

"Yeah... because I'm the alpha and your children and my grandchildren are my pack, we needed a name." Hayley offered. 

"It was your pack, before." Ned pondered. 

"Yeah." Hayley agreed softly. 

"When you say Alpha..."

"I mean alpha." Hayley assured. "Im a hybrid actually." and ned chuckled. "I am... those stories I tell the kids of werewolves and vampires and witches... where do you think I came up with them?" 

"Good imagination." Ned offered. 

"That was my life, my life was witches and vampires and werewolves... because I was the alpha of the crescent wolf pack with my husband..." she whispered. 

Ned wanted to believe her but just like white walkers, vampires and werewolves were a myth, he believed there were a few witches in the world, he believed that to be true. But magic was learnt vampires and werewolves. But Hayley stared back at him and she had never looked more serious. 

Hayley got dressed and tugged on her boots. Ned followed her lead, they didnt say another word and Hayley wondered if that was it, that was the end, she didnt want it to be but of course she had to open her mouth, but she wanted him to know the truth. She didnt want to show her fangs or anything but he stared back at her like she was joking, he held back a laugh and she knew it was crazy but a part of her thought that when she told him he would just accept her and her hybrid status and it would be a sign that they were meant to be. 

Hayley pulled open the door and Jon smiled back at her.

"Hayley- hello father." Jon added with a smirk.

"Jon. We were just... headed to break fast. I was picking hayley up." Ned offered and Hayley gave ned a pointed look.

"Do you want to try that again? Cause I didn't quite buy it. Did you Jon?" Hayley countered with a cheeky grin.

"Dont mind me

"Dont mind me. Im not ever here!" Jon declared taking a step back. "You two have fun. I saw nothing but know that if I did... I approve." Hayley laughed out as Jon swiftly made his way down the hall.