76. Faith

2 Years Later

"Hello your grace." Hayley still wasnt used to it. Your grace. She debated- since she was queen- that she should be called your majesty it sounded better but people were stuck in their ways.

"Howdy." hayley answered as she passed.

Being queen had changed things. Marrying Ned changed another. She loved Ned and didn't regret it for a moment but as olenna cackled.

"Your husband and your son-" olenna had cackled. "And your babe-" she couldnt get the words out when Hayley told her she was pregnant. "You are having your sons best friends child! And tommen and mycella will be their niece and nephew-" olenna went on and Hayley rolled her eyes. "Neds children will be half siblings. jon a half half-"

"They can be the kids siblings or aunts and uncles.  I dont care." Hayley countered.

"Be glad Loras cant get Renly preg-"

"How is Margaery liking the north?" Hayley cut her off. "Liking Robb? Not bored her husband the king in the north? The queen title suits her or is she coming for my crown?"

"Oh she is smitten with him. Likes being a frost queen she wears the title well. Just wrote and said she is expecting and hoping a trip down here soon. Their child will be your grandchild-" olenna went on.

"And your great grandchild!" Hayley agreed. "Wow... we are old."

"Nonsense you dont look a day over 80 your grace." Olenna teased.

"Ah and same to you dear lady." Hayley agreed.

+

"You are glowing." Ned declared as he kissed Hayley.

"Thank you, I feel like I'm glowing, God not another tribrid." she murmured running a hand over her stomach.

The transition to queen was smooth

The transition to queen was smooth. The transition to wife was filled with never ending long nights consuming each other. The days were fast too fast. Robert liked his new found freedom and Hayley took in her grandchildren as wards. Shrieen begged to move to the capital and Hayley agreed. She said Stannis im the queen but more importantly im your mother. No arguing with me.

Stannis and renly stayed on the council and robert found that he liked working with hands. He started working at the docks. He liked talking to people preparing fish and meat for market. He liked eating and he liked talking it was a good hobby for him.

Stannis wanted to be closer to hayley was well he spent his time split between dragonstone and the capital. Shrieen stayed at the capital and Stannis wife was not allowed in the palace unless Shrieen wanted her there.

Renly and Loras were going strong and hayley loved seeing him so happy and Loras had a good family supporting him.

They needed a new maester of coin and since hayley didnt trust pycelle a new maester. Tyrion although complained he was good at spending money not managing it Hayley declared he could be up for the challenge.

Jon had befriended a boy named sam that was joining commander mormont to collect criminals from the cells. Sam had wanted to be a Maester Jon told her so Hayley declared. Fuck yeah do it. He studied at the citadel and practiced at the capital. Sam had never known anyone to show such kindness to a stranger.

"Mum," Rickon declared running up to Hayley. "Nymeria had puppies last night! They are already out and about! This is so great!"

"Ghost and her were going at it." Bran cut in.

"Baby wolves." Hayley declared. "Let me see!" Hayley ran off Rickon pulling her alone.

"Three pups." Sansa remarked when they came up. "One female and two males."

"Stop beating your brother up!" Rickon demanded pulling the boys apart. The female rolled over bringing a paw to her nose while her brothers nipped at each other.

"I know just the names for these three troubled siblings." Hayley mused as she picked up the pup that would soon be called Rebekah.

"Mum did you see?" Bran questioned summer chased behind him. Hayley shifted the pup in her arms as Rickon and sansa pulled the brothers apart.

"Feisty already." Sansa remarked.

"Ohh look at you with that sword. Gendry did a good job." Hayley remarked.  Bran posed with it. Jon smiled back at him.

"I knight in no time." Jon agreed when an arrow went flying by them. "Arya watch out for my head!" Jon begged.

"I wasnt aiming for you." Arya assured.

"What were you aiming at?" Jon countered.

"The target." Arya pointed a finger between and there lay a perfect bullseye.

"Seven hells. She got it perfect," Bran declared.

"Fuck yeah!" Arya agreed smiling back at Hayley as she rose her hand. Arya high fived her happily. Hayley loved her kids. These kids and was happy to have another one on the way.

+

"Push!''

"I dont remember it being this painful before." Hayley grumbled.

"Push-"

"You dont have to keep saying it, I know what I'm doing." Hayley sassed. "I have never missed modern medicine more." Hayley muttered. "Drugs, all the drugs." she begged.

"We have given all the milk of the poppy you can handle, your grace. You can handle this, the pain is not-"

"I know that but seriously its a bitch." Hayley grumbled. "Have you ever had a child SIR!"

"No your grace its not possible for a man-"

"I fucking know that which is why you saying my pain is not... not! NOT!" Hayley shouted. "Is a load of shit because you asshat can not comprehend what if fucking feels like to have your body stretched and pulled and squashed and then for your body to stretch beyond what it seriously should and-" She grumbled out a breath as she had another contraction. "If I say C- section you are going to give me that what the hell are talking about look." Hayley realized. "You wouldnt be able to sew me back up effectively anyways." She pushed away and after what felt like forever she stopped pushing at the sounds of a baby crying.

"A girl your grace."

"A girl" Hayley repeated looking to Ned.

"A girl." Ned echoed kissing her gently. "You did so great Hayley."

"Of course I did, hey next time you have the baby." Hayley decided.

"What do you want to call her?" Ned questioned.

"I was thinking..." Hayley smiled as the baby was placed in her arms she was so beautiful, little dark tuffs of hair on her head, Hayley wiped the gunk from her perfect little face.

"What were you thinking?" Ned questioned smiling down at their baby girl.

"Faith."