49. Get off & Fuck Off

Flee bottom, they had to go through the lower streets which wouldnt have phased Hayley but she didnt like the looks she or the children were getting from the people as they came back. 

She also found the sermon so long and boring. All seven Gods and hells and heavens and blah, blah, blah, she couldnt take another word of it.  Rickon was lucky he was sleeping, not forced to go to such things since he had a long journey of traveling, same with Ned. Can she make up an excuse next time too? I'm sleeping or busy, Arya is teaching me needlepoint, she could already see Jon and Ned laughing for that excuse to get out of sept visits. 

So when they headed back and people started fighting, reaching for Joffrey and Cersei's golden jewels she worried for the children. Not Joffrey. Not Cersei. They could use a beating but not Mycella and little Tommen. The starks, they were under her care. Robert, although he didnt attend the sept, Hayley assumed there was a whore that needed his attention and Ned was a meeting she begrudgingly agreed to go. 

But then Mycella screamed out. Cersei snapped at Sandor, demanding the hound get her baby to safety. Mycella and Tommen were picked up, Sandor took one in each arm and that was very impressive. 

"Move it, move it, nothing to worry about." Hayley assured as she led them forward. She kept a hand on Bran as Jon ushered Arya towards the castle. Hayley nudged them along and considering how far Sansa was up Joffrey's ass Hayley had assumed she already back. But she wasnt. 

"Sansa?" Hayley questioned. "Did you see her?" Jon shook his head ready to go back out and get her because that was just the kind of man he was but Hayley stopped him. "You stay and protect Bran and Arya. I will get her." 

"I'm-" Jon began to object but Hayley shook her head. 

"You are going to stay and protect your siblings. I will get Sansa. Dont you dare leave." Hayley insisted before moving to Sandor. "Axe?" Sandor gave a stiff and confused nod. "I'm borrowing this." Hayley decided as she headed out. Once outside she ran, getting in the midst of the chaos within a moment and focused in on a nervous sansa whimpering out. 

"Hayley!" Sansa whimpered out when she saw her. 

"Men never know the word no." Hayley remarked calmly. "Get off and fuck off." Hayley demanded.  

"Another one..." the man licked his tongue across yellow teeth, his wild eyes and hair flying in all directions as he reached out for Hayley. She rolled her eyes annoyed. Sansa tried to scurry away. Hayley adjusted her grip on the axe before taking a quick and vicious swing. 

Blood splattered across her face and the man dropped to the ground bleeding out

"This is great, who needs swords, I'm more a hands on person." Hayley remarked looking to the second man and she was next to him in a moment. He opened his mouth to scream before she swung another vicious swing severed head hanging loosely from his neck as his body dropped. Sansa screamed and screamed and Hayley looked around to be sure they were alone before taking Sansa's chin in her hand. 

'Calm down." Hayley instructed and Sansa's screams stopped. "Are you hurt?"

"No." Sansa answered and Hayley offered her a hand up. 

"You were really brave. Now I need you to close your eyes and dont let go of me until we are back at the capital." Hayley instructed and she saw Sansa's eyes shift taking in the compulsion. Sansa held tight to Hayley and closed her eyes. 

"Good girl." Hayley agreed running them back to the capital. 

+

 ''It's the Hand's tournament that's causing all this trouble, my Lords.'' Janos remarked

''The King's tournament. I assure you the Hand wants no part of it." Ned corrected

''Call it what you will, Lord Stark Ser, the city is packed with people and more flooding in every day. Last night we had a tavern riot, a brothel fire, three stabbings and a drunken horse race down the Street of Sisters.'' Janos informed him

''Dreadful.'' Varys agreed

''If you can't keep the King's peace, perhaps the City Watch should be commanded by someone who can.'' Renly offered

''I need more men.'' Janos told them simply.

''You'll get 50. Lord Baelish will see it paid for.'' Ned remarked and Petyr looked down the table to him.

''I will?' Petyr countered

'You found money for a champion's purse, you can find money to keep the peace." Ned remarked. ''I'll also give you 20 of my household guards till the crowds have left.''

''Thank you, my Lord Hand Ser.'' Janos said immediately. ''They will be put to good use.''

''The sooner this is over, the better.''

''The realm prospers from such events, my Lord. They give the great a chance at glory, and the lowly a respite from their woes.'' Varys offered

''And every inn in the city is full and the whores are walking bow-legged.' Petyr informed him

''I'm sure the tourney puts coins in many a pocket. Now... If there's nothing else, my Lords?'' Ned remarked

''This heat. On days like this, I envy you northerners your summer snows. Until tomorrow my Lord.'' Pycelle agreed.

''I've been hoping to talk to you about Jon Arryn.'' Ned remarked as the council cleared out. They were oblivious to the riot still focused on their meeting and Ned didnt have a clue what was happening, the fear sansa had felt what Hayley had done.