5

Miami, Florida, USADecember 1st, 20068:25pm

Miami, Florida, USA
December 1st, 2006
8:25pm

Omniscient POV

It was early night in the Maraj household. Onika was confined to her room for being too loud earlier while playing. The 5 soon to be 6 year old had lost track of time. To say she was bored out of her mind was an understatement. Tired of being confined to her room she decided to leave to get something to drink. Her parents wouldn't mind. She had to drink water to live or that's what her teacher told her. She begin to descend down the stairs stopping in her tracks when she heard the sound of the TV. She didn't want to get in trouble she was just thirsty. She didn't know why but her parents had been meaner to her lately. Deciding to take the risk she continued downstairs.

To her luck, no one was in the living room nor kitchen. She smiled as she opened the refrigerator and grabbed her a juice box. She wasn't strong enough to open a bottle water by herself and she was afraid to ask her parents. She opened the juice and began drinking it. She began to walk back to her room but was stopped when she seen her mom coming downstairs. "What are you doing out of your room?" Tina asked scolding the child. "I was thirsty mommy." The 5 year old explained.

"I don't care. That's your problem you don't ever listen. Gimme this juice." Tina said while snatching the juice from the child and throwing it away causing Onika to frown. "You ain't nothing but stress. You stress everybody out Onika." Tina said walking over to the small child. Onika continued to frown. She didn't know what that word stress meant but she knew it was bad. "Come on, since you want to be disobedient." Tina said harshly while pulling Onika by her arm. "Where are we going?" Onika asked to which she was ignored.

They stopped infront of a door Onika knew all to well. The basement. "No. No. Mommy. Its cold and dark in there." Onika cried to her mom. "What did i do wrong? I can fix it mommy please." Onika continued to cry.

"You can't bring back your little sister." Was all Tina said before locking the child in the basement.

Miami, Florida, USA
December 1st, 2018
10:20am

Onika POV