6

Miami, Florida USADecember 8th, 20069:27am

Miami, Florida USA
December 8th, 2006
9:27am

Omniscient POV

It was early morning in the Maraj household. Onika was buzzing with excitement as today was her 6th birthday. Her last birthday party was amazing and despite her parents arguing the whole time. She had the time of her 5 year old life. So today she jumped out of bed and ran to her parents room to wake them up but unlike her 5th birthday her parents weren't happy with her. Instead they yelled nasty things and told her to go back sleep. The 6 year olds eyes became teary. This had officially become her worse birthday ever but in fear of getting sent to the basement. She went to her room and cried herself to sleep.

3 hours later, she was being awoken. "Come on. We got you a cake and food. Happy birthday." Her dad said making Onika eyes light up with excitement. Maybe her parents were just too sleepy earlier. "Today child, hurry." Robert rushed. Onika ran to him taking his hand as they went downstairs. On the kitchen island was a piece of  chocolate cake with a number 6 candle and a happy meal from McDonalds. "For me?" Onika asked with a big smile on her face. To her, this was a big downgrade from her last birthday but a huge upgrade from how she's been treated the past year. Robert nodded  "Where's mommy?" The child asked. "She's grocery shopping." He said.  Onika frowned but still ran to the island and with the help of Robert she sat on the barstool.

"Okay Child, make a wish." He said as he lit the candle and Onika wished for Toys and for her mom to like her again and blew out the candle. "Okay, you can watch TV in the living room since it's your birthday but you only get a hour and 30 minutes." Robert said taking the cake and food heading to the living room Onika behind him. He put on a show she liked and left.

Miami, Florida, USA
December 8th, 2018
10:06am

Miami, Florida, USADecember 8th, 201810:06am

Your dad seemed nicer than your mom." Kelly said as she wrote something down in her notebook. "Yea by himself he was fine but he was a monster when he was around her and for that I can't respect him and i damn sure won't give him any credit." I said attitude evident in my voice.