Chapter thirty-five

Rushing into the hospital, Brielle struggled to keep her eyes open with every passing minute

Rushing into the hospital, Brielle struggled to keep her eyes open with every passing minute. Giovanni caught the attention of a male nurse behind a table.

"She's been shot," I said in Italian as he rushed around the table and called for backup. It was clear everyone was well aware of who I was but everyone kept their mouths shut about it. There were lives to save not drool over possible celebrities. I laid her on the bed that had been rolled out for her and gripped her hand as they began to wheel her towards the surgery room. "You'll be fine, fiore," I said, looking down at her. Her eyes looked helpless and tired as she stared up at me. "I love you, Brielle," I placed a kiss on the back of her hand and saw her wince just as I had to let go of her so she could be taken into the operating room.

I felt my eyes sting as the door closed in front of me and another nurse appeared at my side.

"Sir, may I check your arm?" I looked down at her, wondering why the hell she was bothering me but then realised I was shot. I nodded before she led me towards a small room and told me to sit down. Giovanni appeared at the door, looking distressed. A sight he rarely showed.

"Vittoria is here in the other room," I nodded as I carefully unbuttoned my shirt and removed my arm from it so the nurse could examine it. The bullet just grazed my arm but so much that blood was gushing out slowly.

"Where in the hell did it all go wrong?" I muttered before Gio looked down at the phone in his hand.

"Someone ordered them," he said as he looked up at me and headed inside, closing the door behind him. "I've been trying to see whether anyone had seen anything before the attack but everyone is too shocked to think clearly.

It all went too fast. All too damn fast.

"Where is Kas and Ada?" I asked just as someone knocked on the door and opened it. Mattia walked in the room and examined my state. I noticed his wife in the background but she stayed behind in the hallway. I had heard Matt mention once she didn't find blood and wounds very pleasant.

"Ada is in the operating room and Kas is in the emergency room," I cursed under my breath as the nurse finished cleaning up the wound and grabbed a bandage before beginning to wrap it around my arm. "Nico, Ada is not well," he added. My jaw clenched at the thought of Brielle in that operating room without a single idea about what happened to her sister. "The assassins aimed at both Kas and Ada's chests and didn't miss," my heart began to beat even faster as fear instilled in my body further. "Kassian is breathing but hardly and Ada is barely alive."

"Anyone else seriously hurt?" Giovanni asked.

"Nate was grazed but is fine and Vittoria got hit in her arm. But they'll live, that's for sure." Mattia paced around the room as Gio left the room to check on the others. "There are more injured guests but none so severe as Ada and Kassian," the nurse told me she was finished and I thanked her. I put my arm in the sleeve again and refused the pain relievers from her.