Chapter thirty-three

"Laura," Nate and I said in unison

"Gods, I hate that woman," I muttered in Italian before looking down at Brielle.

"You think that she found Colson somewhere and brought him here?" She asked. I shrugged but knew better than to speculate about her intentions.

"She's devious and wants to marry me for real," I said.

"And let's not forget how she tried to jump on you after two days of knowing you," Nate said, making me scoff.

"Jump on you?" Brielle asked.

"She was so fascinated by him that she tried to come on him in front of the entire family at dinner," I chuckled at the memory of the embarrassment she felt afterwards. "You should've seen the way he pushed her away from him, Bri. I almost pissed myself," Nathanial said laughing.

"Let's not get trapped down memory lane. Is she still here?" I asked, looking back at Nate.

"Yes, but I've asked Matt to track her and he hasn't reported anything back."

"Why are all of you here?" Bri asked, making me glance at her.

"Kassian's party," Nate answered for me. "He didn't want strippers just like none of us except for Gio, but I guess that's natural for him. And we came here."

"I will admit that two days ago I was notified by the appointed manager that a beautiful brunette came in and booked one of the booths," I raised a brow at Brielle.

"I'm not even apologising. You don't need to know my whereabouts all the time," she answered.

"No, however, I would've given you a place more private where perverts like that piece of shit wouldn't be able to set foot in."

"You knew I would be here," I nodded.

"But you would've hated me," she smiled.

"Like I don't already," Nate cleared his throat, making me sigh.

"Go back to the girls. I'll take care of everything else," she nodded and stood up, almost losing her balance. I gripped her forearm and stabilized her. She smiled at me before pecking my lips and walking around me.

"Thank you, Nate," he smiled before giving her a hug. He was like an actual brother of hers and that made me happy. It made me happy to know she had someone across the ocean who would be there for her and protect her if I wasn't there. "Oh," she turned back towards me. "We're supposed to meet by the old coffee shop before midnight, right?" I smiled and nodded, seeing Nate frown.

"What is this about?"

"Nothing that should concern you," he didn't push but I knew it was eating him on the inside. Brielle walked out of my office, leaving just Nate and me.

"I'll go che-"

"I'll go find her. You go entertain the guys," I said as I made my way towards the door and exited the room.