Chapter twenty-five

Ada and I stepped into a coffee shop after a few boutiques

Ada and I stepped into a coffee shop after a few boutiques. We sat down in the corner by the windows and ordered a few caramel lattes with some pastries.

My sister looked much happier now that the stupid business ball was over and all that was left were the fun parties: like the bachelorette party which Olessia and I have been organising thoroughly.

I looked through the window to my side and took in the weather. It was much sunnier and there were scarcely any clouds in the sky.

"It's beautiful outside," I nodded at Ada's words. "I've always dreamt of getting married in a place like Italy but I never thought that I would ever experience this truly," I smiled as I looked at her. She wore an emerald green sweater as well as black jeans. Her dark brown hair was put up in a low bun.

I, on the other hand, went with a long and baggy dark grey button-up shirt of which one of the sides, I'd tucked into my light blue jeans. I had straightened my hair after coming back from Nico's room and left it loose.

It's been a few hours since our conversation but it seemed as though it was all I could think about. I was still unsure about the entire situation and yet his eyes were all I could see in my head after I had asked him if he would leave everything for the sake of me.

"How did you like the ball yesterday?" Ada asked me.

"It was... crowded," I said, obviously keeping the best part of the night away from her. "I still think it was irrelevant," she nodded.

"Where did you go to before the dinner?" I took a sip of my coffee o I didn't look completely bothered by the question she posed.

"I think I had the stomach bug. I seriously didn't think that I could've sat behind that table and seen all the food," Ada looked apologetically at me.

"You poor thing. Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"It was your ball, regardless of the intentions," she gave me a small smile.

"Kassian didn't like it either. And I think that his grandmother will poison me before she lets me marry her grandson," I frowned.

"What do you mean? Did something happen while I was away?"

"Where to begin," she said, making me sick to my stomach. I should've been there to look out for my sister. And apart from that, Nico should've been there to shut his grandmother up. "The first then minutes were just fine and what you'd expect a dinner party to be like talking, eating and occasionally shouting. She was the first to speak and immediately addressed Laura's father. She asked him about how he felt in this estate and if he was just as disappointed in Nicolas's decision to call off the wedding as she was." I sighed, pressing my lips into a thin line. "He said he was very disappointed that his daughter's dream of marrying the man she loved was crushed," I rolled my eyes.

"She's ridiculous," my sister nodded.

"Laura kept it quiet as she looked around the room, I assumed for Nicolas."