Chapter six

"How about you send me the report before you leave?" Nate asked me as he stood up from the chair in front of my temporary office space

"How about you send me the report before you leave?" Nate asked me as he stood up from the chair in front of my temporary office space. I smiled and nodded. "Great," he was about to leave before curiosity got the best of me.

"Wait," he stopped with his hand on the door handle. He looked back at me, waiting patiently for what I'd say next. "Is there anything I should look out for in Italy?" He seemed to know exactly what I had meant by that question.

"I'd stay away from Eduardo - the don," he said as he walked back towards my desk, but instead of sitting down, he stood in place, his arms crossed over his chest. Nathaniel wore his glasses which made him look like a professor who was too young and probably attracted the attention of a myriad of women. He wore black dress pants and a white dress shirt, that happened to hug his muscles in a way that left little to the imagination. I, who was a proud almost-sister to him, was glad to have such a man behind me. I knew I could trust him with anything and I knew that he would be here for me at any moment of havoc.

"Aurora - Kassian's mother, is the most humble and heart-warming person you'll ever meet. She'll welcome both you and Ada with open arms," he finally sat down, which hinted to me that there were more members he had to tell me about. Not that I cared much about any apart from one. "Vittoria will adore you as well as Verona." I nodded, making a mental note of their names. I'd heard of Vittoria from Ada but other than that, it was almost as if I was walking into a stranger's den. Which, in all realness, I was.

"I think you should keep away from Salvatore and Giulia. The latter doesn't bite but has an attitude problem, although you didn't hear that from me," I smiled and nodded. "The grandparents will probably be locked up in their rooms until the ceremony so you won't have to worry about them," I nodded again, patiently waiting for him to get to the one I wanted to hear about. "There are some other family members living there but it's unlikely they'll bother you," I tried to act like I didn't know he was leaving him out on purpose.

"And the other one?" He cocked his head to the side. I rolled my eyes for real now. "Why is everyone such assholes?" He smiled as he stared at me. "Just tell me."

"Nicolas will be an asshole, that I can guarantee." That much was clear. "But he has his own reasons, so don't push him too far," I wondered what those were since ever since the magical night, he's been nothing but a pain in my ass. "And he has a fiancé," I nodded.

"Yeah, one that he can't seem to marry," he chuckled.

"Tell me about it," he mumbled. "But seriously, Brielle. I don't want to clean up some mess you make," I sighed as I leaned back in my chair. "He can get impulsive and I've seen him mad enough times to know for a fact that you don't want to see that."

"Do you know why he loathes me so much?" He smiled before chuckling. I was confused by that reaction. "What?" He raised his hands up in defence before standing up and heading towards the door. I was about to call after him before he looked back and said, "I just think that "loathes" is a strong word," he winked at me before leaving my office.