Chapter three

I walked into the boutique, looking around for dresses

I walked into the boutique, looking around for dresses. It's been a week since Ada found out about the pregnancy and despite confronting Kassian, she did decide to get an abortion and never speak of it again. I was very hesitant to support her on the decision since I knew that one day it'll come back to bite her in the ass, but I didn't leave her side for even one moment before and after she came out of the procedure.

I looked through the dresses. White, beige, black. All the colours you could imagine. I needed some evening gowns for the wedding and since we would be staying in Italy for three weeks — if it all went to plan — needed many more clothes than I had.

I picked out three long, tight-fitting and one ball gown to try on and went towards the changing rooms. I walked in, set my purse down and took my clothes off. I slipped on the red gown and looked in the mirror. I couldn't believe how good my curves looked.

There were less than two months till we left, and I had time to buy more dresses. After school this morning, I felt like shopping and so far, this red one was definitely going into my closet.

and ones that had pockets. I mean, how could anyone not love them?

Maybe I'd spend more than I had initially anticipated.

I looked at the low-cut back and then back at the front. I haven't felt so pretty in a while and for a moment, I thought about buying the entire store with all of the dresses.

The last dress wasn't too impressive. It was a satin, dark blue gown. But it didn't look as good on me as the red or black did. I got out of the dress and put on my light blue, ripped jeans, and a white sweater as well as my white sneakers. The mid-spring weather was still quite chilly. The rain was frequent, but it wasn't something I complained about.

The thunderstorms scared me and brought me back to the horrid night many years ago, which I hoped to forget. But I had to learn to deal with it.

I stepped out of the changing room and headed towards the register.

"Excuse me?" I heard a girl's voice with a heavy accent. I turned around, meeting the young lady's eyes. Her eyes were light brown, and her hair was similar to mine. She wore a satin, black gown but held the top of it with her hand. I noticed a giant rock on her finger.

God, those are hideous.

The plainest rich people ring. I hated them. "Would you help me tie the back?" I smiled and nodded.

"No problem," I approached her and tied the back for her. Her perfume was a bit much for my liking, but I was not about to criticize her. Whatever made her happy.

"Thank you so much. I've been struggling," I smiled.

"Will you need more help?" She smiled and shook her head.

"No, thank you," I turned to leave.

"Have a nice day then," she smiled.

"You too," I walked out, heading to the register. I placed the dresses on the table, smiling as the salesperson walked up to the register.