Chapter twenty-six

I practically raced up the stairs and headed towards her bedroom, careful not to cause much noise

I practically raced up the stairs and headed towards her bedroom, careful not to cause much noise. It was already past midnight and I had initially expected to be done with my work hours ago, however, a fight that escalated in one of my clubs while I was there, ruined my initial plans.

I checked my surroundings before I lightly knocked on her door, patiently waiting for her to open the door. I didn't have to wait long until her beautiful face appeared in between the door. I grinned from ear to ear as I took her in, wearing a black satin robe, under which, hell knew what was.

She smiled once she saw me and opened the door further to let me in. I walked into her bedroom and closed the door behind me before I gripped her throat with my hand and drew her lips to mine. I'd waited the entire day for this moment and I was going to make it last.

Her hands wrapped around my waist under my suit jacket as I pushed her against the closest wall and gripped her ass with my free hand. A groaned from how her tongue felt against mine, making my cock suffer against my pants.

"Fiore," I moaned out as I broke away my lips from hers and pressed my forehead against hers. "I missed you," my words came out like a whisper.

"I thought you'd be back earlier," she said, her hands sliding up my chest under my jacket. My muscles tensed under her touch.

"A situation escalated in one of my clubs, so it kept me there," she smiled, one of her hands hooking around the back of my neck. "Believe me, I wanted to leave the moment I walked into that place," I kissed her lips, pressing myself against her. I gripped the back of her thighs before picking her up and pressing her against the wall. Her hand wrapped around my throat, pulling my head back.

"You won't believe what happened," I frowned as I looked down at her swollen lips and smiled at the sight. "Your father came to the library while I was there and initiated a conversation," my body went still.

"Come again?"

"He saw a book I was holding and then turned the entire conversation onto his regret for his actions," Frowning, I moved away from the wall with Brielle in my arms and carried her to the bed. I set her down and rose to my full length.

"What did he say? Try to be specific," she rose on her elbows and looked up at me. Despite the vigorous desire fuelling inside me, I needed to know what Eduardo's intentions were with speaking to Brielle. After all, earlier that morning, he tried interrogating Vittoria regarding Bri and me.

"He said he wished that he had listened to his heart rather than his head as it made him make many mistakes regarding his family," I took off my jacket and dropped it on the bed beside her before crossing my arms over my chest. "And mentioned how many years ago he wanted to help some rival's daughter to gain access to your family which jeopardised his relationship with you," my eyes widened as my mind went blank. Brielle continued saying something but I could hear anything.