Chapter thirty-one

Olessia and I exited one of Nicolas's clubs before making our way towards the Trevi fountain which was a few blocks away from where we were

Both of us were in charge of the bachelorette party for Ada and as it was two days until the party, we had to speed up our organisational process. We had reserved a special VIP area for the second part of the night and needed just to finalise some details with the manager. I didn't tell anything to Nico since he liked to stick his nose in my business and I didn't want him to ruin the party.

No matter how much I hated myself for wanting him.

"Well, it's devastating how the holiday is coming to an end," Olessia said as we crossed a small road.

"I know. It seems like we just got here and it's all over," she linked her arm with mine as we passed many small businesses.

"Oh, let's get some gelato," she led me towards the small shop. It was a beautiful day today. Not a single cloud was present and the temperature allowed us to opt for some lighter clothes. I went with a long red skirt with small daisies scattered all over it, a white short-sleeved shirt and white sneakers. I had put my hair into a high ponytail with a matching pattern fabric wrapped into a small bow. I wore my sunglasses to shield my eyes from the bright sun which I had thought I would never see before I left but I got lucky.

Olessia wore long and loose black pants, a black crop top and a white dress shirt which she had left unbuttoned on top. Her short black hair was straightened and left loose while many gold accessories decorated her ears and fingers.

We looked at the many flavours available but decided to get the basic vanilla. I took out my black wallet from my black Hermes bag which I bought with a very generous man's credit card.

"I still don't understand where you got that because you certainly didn't bring it from home," Olessia said as she licked her ice cream on a waffle cone. I paid with cash before grabbing my own dessert and leaving the small shop with Olessia by my side.

"I bought it, believe it or not," she snorted.

"Sorry, that wasn't what I thought I'd hear," we made a left turn into a small and narrow alley with many clothes hung on clotheslines above us from one window to another.

"I saved up."

"Yeah right. Who did you please so much that they bought it for you?" I frowned as I looked back at my friend.

"Excuse me," she rolled her eyes before looking at me as though I was the stupid one.

"Come on, Bri. You never like to splurge on designer shit and especially purses. There's no way in hell that you allowed yourself to buy such an item for such an extortionate price and proceeded to live forward," I looked away from her as I ate my dessert.

"I think that you are trying to stir up drama," that earned me a smack on the arm.

"I am not! Brielle, I don't care about the damn purse, I'm just saying you've been acting differently," we entered an open area with many small markets around. People were selling everything from clothing to fresh produce.