Chapter twelve

"What the fuck happened?" Nathanial asked still keeping his hands on my shoulders

I was still trying to process what had happened with Nicolas. I couldn't believe what I had done but more importantly, I couldn't believe he would be so bold to practically choke me. I knew he didn't want to kill me and to be quite frank, it wasn't entirely so bad. However, I was so mad at him for taking out his anger on me, I didn't think rationally before one thing led to another and I intended to stab him.

Nate gently shook me, bringing me back from the hole my head was in. "What happened, Brielle?" He frowned as he gently tilted my head up with his chin. "Where did this blood come from?" I gently pushed his hand away before turning around from him.

"What happened?" I heard Aurora's voice. I silently cursed under my breath.

"Nothing. Nico just overreacted," Nate explained to me. I wouldn't have used such words to describe the situation but I couldn't think straight.

"What did that idiot do?" She walked up to the island and saw the mess I had made after smashing the tray and cup.

"I'm sorry about the tray and the cup," I motioned to the mess.

"Oh, it's no big deal," she answered before I felt her hand on my arm. "Are you okay?" I smiled at her and nodded.

"I... I just need a moment," she nodded and I walked around the broken glass before leaving the kitchen. I entered the foyer and walked up the stairs. I could hear voices everywhere which was a decent representation of what was happening inside my head.

I saw the very final door in my hallway slightly open. I knew it was his room but I was too rattled to approach him again. And now, I doubt I'd ever do it again.

He made it clear he didn't care about me. I guess I should've known better than think we could behave for the sake of our siblings.

I entered my bedroom and closed the door, turning the lock. I looked around the room as I walked further inside and later sat down on the bed.

I had to say, I hadn't thought I'd ever like such a dark interior throughout the entire house as much as I did. The bedroom I was staying in was twice the size of the one at my house. It had floor-to-ceiling windows with automated curtains and the view itself was breathtaking. The garden was a place I knew I would have to visit at least once before I left.

Inside the room, there was a king-sized bed with one of the most comfortable mattresses I'd ever slept on, a couple of bedside tables on each side of the bed with golden laps on top. A beautiful art piece hung above my bed was made out of many differently shaped mirror pieces. I liked how they reflected the miniature chandelier, which was a replica of the massive one from the foyer, and let the lights sparkle off the surface.

Besides the bed, there was a small sitting area at the end of my bed with two small mustard-coloured, velvet couches, a small mirror table in between them and a bigger side table against the wall opposite my bed. It had small succulent plants on top which were faux.