Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

I was woken up by Alice throwing a pillow at someone. I sat up and looked at her. "Who was that?"

"Emmett."

"And what did he do to deserve a pillow thrown at him?"

"Emmett was being Emmett."

"Try not kill your brother, I'm sure Esme and Carlise wouldn't be exactly pleased."

"Fine, so what do you want to do today?"

Before I answered, my phone beeped with a message.

"It's Angela, she wants to come over."

"I can drop you home, if you like ?"

I just looked at Alice. "I hope you don't plan on leaving, if we do go back to my house."

I got up, and got dressed, and we went downstairs.

We found Emmett and Adam on the couch. Adam had his long brown hair in a pony tail and was playing some horror game called amnesia on his laptop. Apparently something was after him and he'd spent the past 45 minutes behind a small chest to avoid be dismembered. Emmet was watching his boyfriend, occasionally offering advice. Mitch was listening to music, his shaggy brown hair falling into his eyes as he bobbed his head to the beat of whatever it was he was listening to

They both smiled when the saw us. Well Emmett did, Adam was focused on his game.

She could see that I wasn't going to change my mind, so we went back to my house, Angela arrived a few minutes after us.

We went up to my room, sitting on my bed. The conversation turned to Mikes repeated attempts to ask me out. I felt Alice shift beside me.

"Honestly, that guy can't take a hint! It's obvious that you weren't interested." I laughed, not answering her. But, she just smiled and went on. "So, is there anyone you do like?"

I knew Angela wouldn't mind, so I just smiled. "Well . . . . ." Now, she was excited. "There is! Who is it? Do I know them?" I noticed she said 'it' rather than 'him.' I looked at Alice, and back at Angela, who understood immediately.

"That's great! When did you two get together?" When I didn't answer her straight away, she frowned. "Come on Bella, I couldn't care less. Now, when did you two get together?" Alice answered her, smiling at me. "Two days ago."

Angela started to question us, who admitted it first, how the other person reacted. When wouldn't tell her anything, she sighed and muttered something which sounded like "You two are no fun."

Angela eventually left, leaving Alice and I in my room, while my dad watched TV downstairs. He still thought we were just friends.

"Well, that was an interesting afternoon." I looked at Alice, as she spoke. "Yeah, after she stopped questioning us. No, wait then she started saying how cute we were when you put your head on my shoulder." That made Alice laugh.

I sat down, beside Alice putting my arm around her."Now, tell me why you're plotting to murder our brother?"

"He walked in, and you had just rolled over in your sleep. So, your arm was around my waist. He started grinning, and said something about the way I was holding you, I threw a pillow at him, and he left." I shook my head, looking at her. "I'm guessing he's lucky it wasn't a lamp?" That made her smile. "Never mind him, I don't feel like looking for a replacement for that lamp. It took long enough to find that one"

I just looked at her, trying not to laugh but not quite succeeding.

"How did I know you'd say that?" She smiled at me, taking my hand. "You know me."

"That I do." I smiled kissing her.

"Anna and Rosalie want to talk to you by the way." I nodded, I'd been waiting for this. Rosalie is very protective of her sister. Very protective. "OK."

"Don't worry, it's nothing." I shook my head. "It's not that. I happen to like both of them. The only way I can get on the wrong side of Rosalie, is to hurt you, and that's never going to happen."

We didn't want Charlie to know about Alice staying over, so she left but as soon as I said good night to my dad and went upstairs she was laying on my bed smiling at me.

I noticed her eyes weren't their usual honey colour, but before I could say anything, Alice spoke.

"Bella, -" I didn't give her a chance to finish. "You need to hunt. I'll see you tomorrow." Alice smiled, kissed me and left. "Honestly, why she feels the need to ask, I'll never know." I knew she'd hear that, and I turned out the light, laying there in the dark until I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up unusually early the next morning, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to just get up. I was checking my emails, most of which were from my mom. when I heard a voice behind me. "Let me guess, your mom is freaking out?" I turned to see Alice smiling at me, her eyes back to their usual honey colour.

"Yeah, look." I opened the last email, as Alice sat down beside me. "She wants to know if I've met any cute guys. Little does she know, I've fallen for my gorgeous best friend. Who, by the way, saw me coming. Knowing all along how she felt and yet she still listened to me talk about guys for 2 years."

I finished my rant, and Alice smiled. "You had to figure this out on your own. If you hadn't, I still would've been your best friend." I kissed her, turning off my laptop. I didn't want to tell either of my dad yet, as for my mom she left when I was a kid.

I yawned, I was pretty tired now considering how early I'd woken up. "You OK, Bella?" I shrugged. "Didn't sleep well." Alice shook her head. "Come here. You need some rest." I kissed her, laying my head down on her chest.