Chapter 6

“Emmett! Out!” I was woken up by Alice shouting at her brother. She looked at me, as I slowly woke up. “Sorry about that. Are you OK?” I nodded pulling her closer. “Yeah. What did he do now?”

“Well, he walked in just as you rolled over in you sleep. You said my name, and he thought it was OK to make a joke out of it.”

Oh great now I talk in my sleep.

Alice must have known was I thinking as she shook her head.

“Stop that. I think it’s cute. It’s not the first time anyway. You always use me as your personal pillow. Not that I mind. And you always say my name in your sleep.”

I couldn’t believe it, I actually talk in my sleep.

“Stop worrying, why exactly would I mind you cuddling me in you sleep?” I just shrugged, at least I didn’t do anything else. “That explains why I tend to wake up with my head on your chest.”

“Exactly. Now, what do you want to do today?”

“Other than being kidnapped again? I don’t mind. No shopping.” And cue, the pout. She knew I couldn’t say no to her, when she looked at me like that.

“That’s not fair. You know I can’t say no when you look at me like that.” She smiled at me, laying her head on my shoulder. “I know.”

My stomach grumbled, ruining the moment. Alice laughed. “Come on, time to get some breakfast.”

I got dressed and we found Esme in the kitchen.

“There you are, I was wondering when you two would be up. Would you lie some breakfast, Bella?”

We continued talking as Esme made me something to eat. Mostly, she was scolding Alice for fighting with her brothers.

“I don’t care what they say, if you want to work it out, you wont wreck my house. We have to get that wall looked at after you slammed Edward against it.”

“He’s lucky he didn’t go through it.”

I just watched the two of them, as I ate my breakfast. She had a point though.

“That may be. But, try not to burn the house down if they do say something. I’m sure they don’t mean it literally. Well, most of the time.”

“Yeah, sure they don’t. Where’s Carlisle?” Esme shook her head. “He’s at the hospital today. What are you two doing today?”

Anna and Rosalie had left around an hour before we'd gotten up, and the others were gone out.

I looked at Alice before answering. “I’m not to sure.”

Alice smiled at me. “I have an idea, come on.”

I thanked Esme, and Alice dragged me back up to her room.

“Are we going out, or staying in?” Alice smiled at me, as she closed the door. “Going out, you need to get changed.”

I got changed and we left the house, stopping not to far away. “Where are we going?”

“Out.” Well that’s helpful, isn’t it?

We walked out, and Alice offered to carry me to wherever she was taking me. I looked at Alice, not taking her seriously. She’s Alice, my adorable petite Alice.

“I’m stronger than I look.”

I knew that, and I found myself nodding.

“OK, front or back.”

“Back.”

She pulled me onto her back and started running. It was a bit of a shock at first, but I trusted her. I buried my face in her neck as the trees blurred past.

We eventually stopped in a clearing, and Alice set me down on a large boulder.

“Are you OK?” I nodded not trusting myself to speak.

“This is where I had my first vision of you.” Alice sat next to me on the boulder, taking my hand, entwining our fingers.

“I had a vision of you. We were together and what really surprised me was that you weren’t afraid.” I smiled at her, squeezing her hand gently. “Alice, I know you’d never hurt me. I trust you completely.”

That made her smile. “I spent 3 months having visions, thinking I’d never find you, and you just turned up at school.”

“And when every other girl was looking at your brothers I saw you.” Despite the fact her brothers were two couples, every girl in the school seemed to think they were interested in them.

Alice kissed me, smiling at me.

“So, what exactly did you do to Edward?” That made Alice laugh. “There’s a large crack in the wall of his room. He’s lucky he didn’t go through it.” OK, these two needed to calm down, of course knowing those two that wasn’t likely to happen any time soon.

“Try not burn the house down, plus I think that may piss off Mitch.” Mitch is a nice guy, until you hurt someone he cares about. “Don’t worry about Mitch, come on.”

Alice led me to a large meadow, sitting down next to her.

“This is beautiful, how did you find this?” Alice smiled at me. “I just came across it.”

I knew she wasn’t telling me something, but didn’t day anything.

I’d been wondering about Alice’s past, I didn’t know much about it. I sat there trying to decide if I should ask.

“Bella, you‘re giving me a headache, what is it you want to ask?”

I should’ve been expecting that.

“I was wondering if you could tell me about your past?”

Alice looked at me. “Are you sure? It’s not a pleasant story. You know I don’t remember, but I can tell you what I know.” I nodded, taking her hand.

“I’m sure.”