Chapter 9

I got up the next morning, and found Rosalie in the living room, she smiled at me as I walked in. Alice and Edward were bickering again.

“Hey, how are you?”

She smiled at me. “OK. What about you?”

I smiled at her, sitting next to her. “I’m good. Any plans for today?”

Rosalie laughed, shaking her head. “Other than pull those two apart? None.”

I knew what she meant, Alice and Edward were always fighting.

Carlisle walked in, smiling at the two of us, he was leaving to go to the hospital. He smiled us, as he walked by. Alice and Edward walked in, glaring at one another. Alice left, going for a walk, and Carlisle left. I sat talking to Rosalie.

“So, did you have plans for today?”

I shook my head, we hadn’t really planned anything, but knowing Alice she would only want one thing.

“No, but she’d probably try to drag me shopping. We went last week, good God she loves to shop.”

That made Rosalie laugh.

“Yeah, that’s our Ali. But at least you get tired. When I go with her, it could be 10 before we stop. Not get home, just finish shopping.”

OK, I thought 6 was bad, but 10?

We’d moved to Rosalie’s room, after everyone had left.

Emmett knocked on the door, and walked in.

“Bella, have you seen Alice?”

I shook my head.

“No, she went for a walk when Carlisle left around 15 minutes ago.”

He looked at Rosalie. “Could you call her for me?”

Confused as to why he was asking me to call his sister, I did. She didn’t answer. Weird, she always answers my call.

“She’s not answering.”

Emmett looked at Rosalie, who was looking worried now.

“I thought you said you called her?”

Rosalie shook her head, as Emmett spoke.

“I’ve been here with Bella, you’re the one who said they’d called her.”

Now, I was very confused and very worried.

“I said I was trying to call her. That’s why I asked Bella to call her.”

“Bella, did Alice say where she was going when she left?”

I looked at Rosalie.

“No, she just left. I assumed she was going for a walk.”

Rosalie looked at Emmett.

“He’s got her.”

So, any ideas who has Alice?