Chapter 21

She took my hand, and I felt that pull at the back of my head. I focused on what I was seeing.

I saw two little girls playing together. They looked about 7 and 5. The older girl had long dark hair and the younger one had long blonde hair.

I opened my eyes, looking at Alice.

“Did you see that?”

She nodded, looking at me.

“I did.”

I knew who the other kid was, she looked just like Alice.

“That was your sister, Cynthia, wasn’t it?”

Alice looked at me.

“How did you-”

“You told me about her, that day in the meadow. And she looks just like you.”

I thought about my gift, and had an idea. I might be able to control it, if I ignored that pull I felt.

“Alice, can I try something? I might be able to control it.”

She nodded, taking my hand. It worked.

“Yeah. That worked.”

I didn’t want to drag her into something, every time we touched.

“Alice, I-”

“It’s OK, Bella. I’d rather you see this, than anyone else. I bet it was weird seeing me with long hair?”

She was changing the subject, but I let it drop.

“I prefer you with short hair. You wouldn’t be my little pixie, if you had long hair, would you?”

That made her smile.

“I suppose so. What else did Carlisle say?”

I remembered what he had said. How the connection between us had caused this.

“He said that the connection between us had caused this. And told me how I’d be able to control it with practice.”

She looked at me, I could see she was upset by this, and put my arm around her. She put her head on my shoulder, and I kissed the top of her head.

“I love you, pixie.”

“I love you, Bella.”

She was bothered by this, but I didn’t want to push it. I moved and she cuddled up beside me.

“Bella?”

I looked down at her.

“What is it, pixie?”

She sat up, taking my hand. I ignored that pull I felt and focus on what she wanted to say to me.

“Sorry.”

And she dropped my hand. I shook my head, taking her hand.

“It’s OK. I know how to ignore it now. What is it?”

I squeezed her hand, looking at her. She suggested going hunting. I agreed and we left. The others were going the following weekend, but we would get the house to ourselves if we went now.

The others left two days later for the weekend.

I sat down on the couch, putting my arm around Alice. Rosalie had stayed behind., and was sitting on the other side of Alice.

“Hey, you OK, Ali?”

Alice smiled at her.

“Yeah, why didn’t you go?”

“Do I need an excuse to spend some time with my sisters?”

Both of us just looked at her, not saying anything. Rosalie smiled, shaking her head.

“Anyway, any plans?”

Alice and I looked at each other.

“Nothing really. Maybe go to the meadow for a while. Want to join us?”

Rosalie smiled, standing up. “Sure. Lets go.”

We left the house, and went to the meadow. I ran ahead of the other two, only to collide with something, NO someone. I looked up, couldn’t believe who I saw. Alice and Rosalie stopped behind me, having caught up with me. It was Alice who spoke.

“Cynthia.”