Chapter 5

"You OK now?" I smiled up at Alice, as I sat up. I felt much better after having that nap. "Yeah. I find it hard to sleep when you're not here."

"I heard what you said last night." I knew she would. "Well?" She took my hand, intertwining our fingers. "I don't like leaving you." I shook my head, I didn't like it either, but I refuse to let her starve. "You need to hunt. I won't let you starve, even if I have to get Emmett to drag you with him." She looked at me, unsure if I was serious. "Yeah. Like he'd do that." I had to resist the urge to laugh. He's 6'6 and she's 5'1. I was saved replying, when she admitted he would. "OK, maybe he would but I'd see it coming."

She had a point, she is impossible to surprise. "True. But, you know what I mean. I won't let you starve." I kissed her, putting my head on her shoulder, hearing (and feeling) the farmiler rumble in your chest. I decided to ask her about it. I'd noticed it but I'd never felt it was OK to ask

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Alice looked at me, as if she knew what I was going to say. "You can ask me anything you want. What is it, Bella?"

"You said that this (I poked her side gently) happens a lot. Why-"

"Because I didn't want you to think I was growling at you. I shook my head, sitting up. "Why would I think that? I actually find it comforting." Alice smiled, taking my hand.

Alice's phone beeped and she fished it out of her pocket. "Apparently Rosalie and Anna are going to kidnap you if they don't see you." I smiled grabbing a backpack. "Well, I suppose we better go then." I grabbed my phone and some other stuff and we left.

"Hey, Rosalie is looking for you." I leaned against the wall of the living room, as Alice sat down next to her brothers. Just as moved to sit down next to her, I was pulled from the room by Anna.

"Anna!" I heard Alice calling her sister. Anna shook her head. "Relax, you'll get her back in one piece."

"I better." Anna shook her head at Alice's response. "Honestly, she thinks-"

"Anna! Care to tell me why you dragged me away from Alice?"

"Just wanted a chat." I looked at her, but her expression didn't change. "So you dragged me away for a chat?"  "Oh, come on." I followed her to the room she shared with Rosalie, who was sitting on the bed as I walked in.

"Care to tell me why I've just been kidnapped?" Rosalie smiled as I sat down next to her. "We had to do that, or a certain someone would have seen it." She had a point. Alice was impossible to surprise. "Good point."

"So, what did they want?" I collapsed onto Alice's bed, making her laugh. I knew she’d heard everything, but I told her anyway. "The conversation consisted of several threats not to break your heart, along with the promise of physical harm if I did." Honestly, I'd expected nothing less from Rosalie. While she was protective over the rest of the family (excluding Anna), it was nothing compared to how protective she was of Alice. "It's just Rosalie, she's quite protective of her family. Just don't cross Anna, that will really piss her off. And that's the last thing you need."

I looked up at her, smiling. "You know what I need right now?" I pulled her closer, kissing her.

I sat up, taking her hand. “And you’re wrong about Rosalie. She’s really protective of you. You are her sister after all. No matter what she says or does, she’s only trying to protect you.” Alice smiled as I said that, “I know, but I’m serious about Anna, the last time someone interrupted them-”

“DO NOT FINISH THAT STORY!” I’d been expecting Rosalie to join the conversation at some point, so I didn’t get much of a fright.  “Or I’ll tell her what you were thinking about that fox t-shirt.”

I looked at Alice, raising an eyebrow.

“Care to explain?”

“I’m going to kill Edward. Slowly and painfully.”

“You can do that later. Now, what was that about?” Alice looked away. “I may or may not have been thinking about how you look in that fox t-shirt.”

That much was obvious. But, Rosalie obviously meant more than that.

I looked at the clock: 11:45.

“I’m going to get changed.” Alice nodded, going to find Edward while I got changed. While I was getting changed, I heard a loud thump come from one of the other bedrooms. Guess she found him.

I walked back into the bedroom, to find Alice on the bed. She smiled when she realised what I was wearing. My cuddle fox t-shirt.  “You didn’t see me pack this.” She shook her head. I had ran back up to my room, claiming I’d forgotten something and grabbed it.

“I was more focused on you not breaking your neck. I heard several thumps while you were up there.” Well, I never denied being an absolute klutz, “I’m a klutz, I trip over my own feet.” I lay down, next to her.

“Lucky you have me to catch you then, isn’t it?” I snuggled closer to her side, wrapping my arms around her waist. “Yeah.”

“Please tell me Edward is still alive? I swear I heard a thump when I was getting changed.” That made Alice laugh, as I sat up looking at her. “He’s OK, he’ll think twice before running to Rosalie again though.”

“Alice, what did you do?” The look on her face told me she had done something. “I just warned him to keep what he hears to himself or face a very painful alternative.” I just stared at her as she said that. He’s tall and she’s . . . . . Well, not.

“Yeah, he’s 6’2’ and you’re 5’1.” Alice just smiled at me. “I’m a lot stronger than I do look. And faster. Trust me.” While I didn’t doubt that, I still couldn’t see it. Yes, they both had the advantage of their abilities, but the only way to catch Alice was a last minute decision.

“Want me to prove it?” I looked at her, not taking her seriously. Before I could even open my mouth to reply, I was pinned to the bed. “Believe me now?” I looked up at her, as she smiled at me. I never said I didn’t, but that really didn’t seem to matter.

“Pinning me to the bed accomplishes what exactly? Well, other than this.”I kissed her, and she let go of me, allowing me to wrap my arms around her.I wrapped my arms around her, falling asleep with my head on her shoulder.