Chapter 2

Alice’s eyes widened in shock.

“Alice, I’ll understand if you don’t want to ever see me again.” I looked at her, wanting to kiss her and I noticed her eyes glazing over.

“Of course you can kiss me, Bella.” And I did. I looked at Alice, a huge smile on her face. “How long?” “I noticed that I started to care for you as more than a best friend. What about you?”

“Since I had my first vision of you. I didn’t want to force anything on you, so I settled for being you best friend.”

I couldn’t believe it. “So, you listened to me talking about guys all that time, feeling the way you did?” She nodded, taking my hand. “It made you happy.”

I couldn’t help myself, I kissed her again. It was getting late, and I yawned. “Time for bed.”I lay down, my head on Alice’s shoulder, and I noticed she was purring. I lifted my head, to look at her.

“Are you purring?”

“Oh, that’s because I’m completely relaxed and content. Tends to happen a lot around you. Does it bother you?”

“Of course not, I love it, I find it relaxing. I lay back down, the rumble in her chest relaxing me.

Alice kissing my forehead woke me up. I looked up at her, smiling.

“Morning.”

“Morning, are you feeling better?” I smiled at her, as I sat up. “Much better. When do the others get back?”

“Later tonight.”

I got up, had a shower and walked back into my room to find it empty.“The morning after I finally tell her she disappears, oh this is just fantastic.”

“Who said I’d disappeared?” I turned to see Alice behind me, smiling, and her phone in her hand.“I walked in to find an empty room. Is everything OK?”

“Yes. Now, why would you think I’d left you?”

I sat down on my bed and Alice sat next to me. “Well, when you weren’t here I thought that you-”

“Of course I wouldn’t just leave. That was Anna; she wants to talk to me when they get home. Which should be in about 4 hours’ time."

Anna, Alice’s sister, wanted to talk to her. “Is she OK?”

“She’s fine. She just wants to talk to me. She knows. She kept asking me about you. What we did, what we talked about. When I told her you weren’t feeling well, and that we just stayed home . . . . . Well, she noticed I wasn’t telling her something. I wouldn’t tell her what we talked about, other than school and boys, and that I’d gotten you to admit you liked someone but you wouldn’t tell me who. She wouldn’t accept that, saying that you would tell her everything. Then, out of nowhere, she asked me. When I didn’t answer, she laughed. She said she’d seen the way we look at one another, and it was only a matter of time.”

So, her family would be OK with it. I don’t know why I was worried about that. Anna, was with Rosalie, Alice’s other sister. Emmett, her brother, had Adam. And Edward had Mitch.

“Bella, where did you get that t-shirt?” I smiled; I knew she’d like it. It was a black shirt with a red fox, which said ‘cuddle fox is out of energy please supply cuddles.’ “I’m not sure, you like it?” I sat back against my headboard, and she cuddled into my side. “Yeah.” I wrapped my arms around her, kissing the top of her head.