13. Greed

"Your majesty look"-

"What-"

There was Erelah Averi's once unmovable,unusable carriage standing perfectly on its wheel.

"How's this possible?"

"It's a miracle. Isn't it?"

Kai asked completely amused. The carriage's wheel was broken and now it looks like it's just a newly made carriage.

But Erelah Averi understood.

" 'Magic'. It's not a miracle when magic exists in here that even small creatures like fireflies carries it like a bag of wealth"

This is a world of magic. Magic exists to its great extent in this forest. Magical creatures lurkes around this forest. And she understood it very clearly.

Her guards  looked at her with contemplation as she let out words that they thought they couldn't fathom.

"I don't understand your highness"

"You don't have to. I'm grateful to whoever or whatever made my carriage completely fine. Now, it's time for our departure"

"Yes, your highness"

She hummed in satisfaction. Highness was always a word she loved to hear. But during her stay even if it was for a day in that misterious hut she missed hearing the word.

"Leaving without thanking me? That's very rude of you your highness"

___________________________________________

"Ugh"

"It's not even a day that she's gone and I'm already missing her"

"I miss you Areum where are you?"

"When will I get to see you again?"

"The Jeon Jungkook is getting crazy for you"

He chuckled at his own words. Yoongi called him for dinner. But he refused to eat anything. He lost his appetite. Jeon Jungkook was always a foodie. But there he was rejecting foods.

He started to doze off anywhere at the thoughts of her. Seems like she took his sanity with her making him insane.

But still there was a string of sanity within him barely hanging on him.

"Uff..I don't even know where she lives. How can I forget to ask her about it? Umm..Wait-maybe Yoongi hyung knows about her location. I'll ask him about it"

"Can't you see I'm right at your feet? whenever, Wherever, We're meant to be together. I'll be there and you'll be near and that's the deal my dear"

He hummed a song from somewhere he heard in a village fair he passed by one day. He loved the lyrics and after he met his muse, all the lyrics just made sense to him. He was in love with the song. He was in love with her. He mistook his love  as a mere infatuation but now he knows. And he's not gonna back up.  He sang the song while emphasizing the lyrics with fondness.

But to his complete oblivion, someone was watching him.

__________________

"Did you get any news where they are?"

"No, your highness"

"Okay now leave"

Prince Davide motioned his hand as the guard bowed to him and left the messed up chamber.

He was frustrated. Very frustrated. Being a king's general was frustrating. It needed great determination and hard work. He worked hours and hours, doing the paper works, calculation of the kingdom's economic growth and development and everything that a great general would do. Wrinkles and dark eye bags covered his sun kissed face due to staying up late at night. And for his hard working persona he did receive many compliments and applause. But he was not content. He was never content with it. He needed more. He wanted more.

The king would always pat his shoulder and say, "I'm so proud of you my son".

'Son'. How he wishes he was the King Averi's own son, his one and only heir to the prosperous kingdom. But no! Erelah Averi had to come to this world out of no where and be his opponent.

Davide Xavier was a strong and determined man. And very competitive. He never had a difficulty in defeating his opponent.

But there's one thing he drilled his mind with and that is,

'Erelah Averi is a worthy opponent. And defeating her is like making the hell break loose'.

But he never loses. And he would never lose to his opponent who came out to be his dear cousin Erelah Averi.

He and his cousin never spoke about their silent rivalry among themselves but they work on it showing off to each other.

Davide always says-

Words can lie but eyes never lie.

And their eyes always held immense competition between each other.

Greed

He is greedy to have the utmost power, the superiority. He is greedy to have what Erelah has. For sure, he has got everything. But whenever he is reminded of the mighty princess, he just gets swept by the hurtful truth that Erelah has more than him.

Knock. Knock

"Come in"

"Your highness"

"Hm?"

"We got the location of the princess"

______________________________________

(777 words)

I know this chapter is short. But bare with me please. I'll come up with a longer chapter the next time I update. I promise.🌞

I missed you all so much..

I miss you..

I adore you..

I love you..

I purple you..

I cherish you..

-Your lovely author-nim ✨