Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Arriving in a silent pop on the island in the Caribbean, Harry took long steps towards the bungalow his family had once owned with a sense of fury rolling off him in waves. Without as much as a knock on the door, the Potter Heir pushed through the front doors to see a man standing over a workbench with a pair of safety goggles on. The man did not even flinch at the arrival of his guest, and merely held up a hand for silence as he waved his wand slowly over a golden device that Harry did not recognize. The room was tense with silence, and Harry could feel Gellert's magic trying to infuse whatever the magical object was, but clearly, the artifact was resistant. After a few long moments, Gellert swore quietly under his breath, and placed his wand down before gripping the table hard.

Harry had rarely seen the man frustrated and knew that his own frustrations were likely not a good addition to whatever ailed the man, so remained silent. Gellert however did not like to mince words, "I take it Investigator Chase has been cleared of all charges."

"There wasn't enough proof to convict him." Harry said with disgust, "I was there at the trial. It didn't really seem like their hearts were in it."

Gellert nodded thoughtfully for a moment, "Do you plan to seek retribution?"

"Fleur insists that I don't." Harry said bitterly, "But the man tried to ruin my life. Spread doubt among people I care about, and would've seen us killed or imprisoned if the opportunity arose. I can't help thinking he didn't act alone either. The man is too spineless to kill without cause. Too cowardly to murder two people just to frame someone else. Part of me wants to go after him just to ensure there are no more enemies hiding in the dark."

The man closed his eyes and seemed to reach for the future with his mind, but he shook his head, "I am afraid the future is clouded to me at the moment. I see nothing but darkness at the moment. Part of me believes my time is coming."

Frowning, the young man approached the table to stand across from his mentor, "Are you sick?"

"I am in the best health I have been in many years." Gellert answered with a thoughtful voice, "Partially in thanks to your family. This property is the best weather I have seen since my years in France. I also know the magic surrounding this place has left me very safe. I am grateful to the Potter family for this gift."

In understanding, Harry nodded his head. The two had agreed that it was ultimately in the best interest of everyone involved that the man remained in exile, at least as far as the public was concerned. James and Lily had gifted the man a Potter property, a small unplottable island he could spend the rest of his days wanting for nothing. It was a gift for what Gellert had done in the Graveyard, and for assisting Harry during his school years. It was the least they could do for the man in Harry's opinion. Of course, Harry was also a frequent visitor to the island, and Grindelwald was often found reading a book or experimenting with magic that most could only dream of.

Thinking of magic, Harry's eyes drifted to the golden artifact on the table, and instead of asking what it was he allowed his magic to surround the item. At first, confusion was the only emotion he felt.

Grindelwald watched his apprentice carefully knowing that curiosity would take over the young man. The Master of the magical arts knew his apprentice was uniquely qualified to make an assessment of the artifact he had created but had no idea the type of reaction his magical signature might cause.

Harry continued to feel the object with his magic when the artifact began to glow. In response, Harry took a step back sensing danger, before suddenly visions began crossing through his mind at rates he could hardly process.