Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I started crawling backwards, glass clawing at my legs as I moved back to the front and started crawling like and infant. All I knew was that I needed to get out of this place, I needed, wanted, no, yearned, to get back home.

"Avery! Avery stop" Kales hands gripped onto my shoulders and held my back, wrapping his arms under mine and ripping me off the ground and into his arms.

My weak body still struggled to get out of his arms, but it proved no point, he was stronger than me and my body was shutting down from the pain.

"p-please" I gripped his shirt and tugged it in my hand. "Please let me go... I don't wanna be here... I d-don't-..."

Kales ocean blue eyes were the last thing I saw before my eye lids became too heavy to keep open much longer. They were full of unreadable emotion.

"Please..."

Then it all faded. His touch was no longer on me, I was alone in the darkness.

-----------------------------

I remember lots of movement and lots of pain. Even when I was unconscious I could still render the agonizing shocks that coursed through my body at a rapid pace. It became cold and then.... I felt nothing.

I thought I was dead, I thought that that was the end for me. I wanted to cry, I wanted so badly to scream at the world for putting me through so much shit. But then as my mind continued to wonder....I was happy to be dead.

Uncle Jerry was gone, he hadn't seen me in so long, I'm sure he believed that I was dead. My father had been dead since I was a baby and my mom... She was gone too. So if the world believed I was dead, then why not be? Why not give into what it wanted and finally be able to join my mother like I had dreamed for so many years.

Then there was a bright light. The darkness was gone and in the distance I could see light pouring in from the distance. I closed my eyes tighter, I didn't want to wake up, I didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted to die. I wanted to be dead.

But no matter how tight I closed my eyes, I could still see that damn light showing.

"Avery"

A beautiful voice called my name in the distance, it was no louder than a whisper and yet it was so clear and crisp.

"Avery"

I heard it again. The words seemed to float through the air so gracefully...and it rendered with me what I was hearing.

"Avery"

"M-mommy?"

I pried my eyes open and the bright light pierced through my vision. Eventually the white faded into a luminescent light that shined like the sun on a clear and cloudless day. Golden hair flowed down a perfect porcelain white face with two large doe like eyes and lips as pink as a rose. She smiled at me and tears began to stream down my face.

"Mom!"

I ran towards her with out stretched arms and jumped into her warm embrace. I felt like a child again, so care free and innocent. I closed my eyes and wept on her shoulder, holding the fabric of her dress tightly in my hands.

"Oh Avery, I've missed you so much baby" Her voice was like music, like the silent vibration of a harps strings.

I wiped my eyes and took a step back looking at my mother after so many years. She was even more beautiful then I remembered and it became clear to me just how foggy my memories of her were.

"I'm so glad I was able to see you darling"

I looked at herewith confusion, my face dropping a bit.

"W-what do you mean mom? Where are you going?"

She smiled and shook her head.

"Nowhere baby boy, I'm not going anywhere. You are"

"What?"

The lights seemed to flicker and my mom began to fade.

"Mom? Mom!?!"

I reached out for her and tries to run to her, but it was no use, I wasn't getting any further. Out of breath, I dropped to my knees and looked up to see her smiling at me, her smile gentle and full of sorrow and loss.

"I love you Avery." Her eyes became wet.

"Mom...please don't cry mom"

The lights flickered again

"You have to go baby...it's not your time yet"

"But I don't want to go, I wanna stay here with you"

She shook her head and gently placed her hand against my cheek.

"No Avery...you have to go"

Her voice began to fade and it sounded like she was far in the distance now.

"Mom no! Mom!!! Don't let me go! I wanna stay! I wanna die! Mom! Mom! Mom!!!!!!!!"

Pain was yet again coursing through my body and the bright light strobed and flickered back into darkness. My moth r was whisked away with the wind and I was yet again left with noting.

I didn't care how much I was hurting, I didn't care how much pain I was in. I just wanted out. I wanted out of this place and I never wanted to come back. I wanted to see uncle Jerry I wanted to see my mom and finally meet my dad. I was tired of all these demons circling around my head and probing and manipulating my body. All I wanted was an angel...my Angel...mom...

"Avery are you ok"

My body jolted forwards and my eyes popped open, the darkness gone and this hell quickly replacing my vision. I breathed heavily and gasped for air, looking around the room like a fish out of water.

Kale looked at me with red and worried eyes. His hair was a mess and he had dark circles beneath his eyes.

I looked at him with wide and fearful eyes as he smiled and looked as if he was going to cry.

"I'm so glad your ok Avery. You had me so worried. You were bleeding so much, by the time I got you here your heart was hardly beating and you were as white as a ghost. I stayed by you and watched you all night and tried to check on you whenever I could during the day. I barely got any sleep. And then you started mumbling and crying and yelling and no matter how hard I shook you, you wouldn't wake up. And then you stopped breathing and I-.

I placed a hand over his mouth and looked him in his now watery eyes. My face contorted with confusion and curiosity. I didn't want to trust him and yet I didn't feel scared around him.

He pried my hand off his mouth and said my name. "Avery..."

"W-what?" I could feel just how weak and fragile my body was from all the blood loss.

"I'm sorry"

----------------------------------------------

Yay! I finally finished the chapter. Hope you guys like it and remember to vote and leave a comment on your opinions and thought regarding the chapter. Thanks for reading =^____^=