Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I tried my best to sleep that night but with all the commotion going on in my head, it was no use. I wasn't sure what they were going to do to me, but it couldn't be good.

I tossed and turned as best as I could, the chains still limited my mobility. All I could do was squirm and try to escape. But it was still no use, it probably never will be.

It wasn't until my body shut down from lack of energy that I fell asleep, hopefully it would last me through the night.

~*~

My eyes slowly opened when a light poured into the windowless room. I smacked my lips and looked over to my right and then to my left. Holy shit!!! I practically jumped out my skin when I saw Kris's face right next to mine. What the hell was he doing?

"Your quite a beautiful sleeper"

I glared at him. "That's creepy, why were you watching me sleep"

He smiled. "So that I could watch you wake up, see if your good enough to place with the others"

"Others?" I looked at him with confusion, what did he mean, others?

"Yes, you see, this is my job. I capture and sell people secretly. I make millions off of each and every one of my beautiful babies" He crawled on top of me and smiled. "And you my dear, are one of the most beautiful people that I've owned"

"I'm not yours to own, I'm nobody's property"

He smacked the side of my face, leaving me dumbfound from the shock. "I'd smack you harder but I wouldn't want to leave any bruises on your beautiful face" kris stroked the side of my face and it felt disgusting. "I want to leave you looking perfect for you new owner"

"What!?!" My eyes widened and my body shot up as much as it could. "Relax kid, lay back down" he pushed me back down as I felt a panic attack coming up. Did he just say new owner? He was going to sell me to some random guy or girl who would do who knows what to me. My life would lye in their hands from now on.

"What's wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost" he snickered.

My eyes sent bullets through him and I spit on his face. "You know damn well what's wrong with me, you just said it. Put two and two together you dumb ass piece of shit!"

He glared and wiped the spit off of his face. "You won't last long if you keep talking like that. If I wasn't going to make millions off of you, I'd kill you myself"

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is exactly what I said, I'd kill you myself" he smiled. "And yes, that means that if you slip, you die. One little mistake or outburst from you and you'll become a bloody mess"

I swallowed hard and looked from one of his eyes to the other trying to choose one to focus on. "W-what makes you so sure they'd k-k-kill me?"

He shrugged. "It's a hard life out here kid, you just entered a new world of fear. Consider the new life ahead of you a road to hell because that's where you'll be going" my hands fisted with anger and fear. "I didn't sign up for this, let me go"

Kris just smiled and shook his head. "I'm afraid it doesn't work like that kid, nobody signs up for this stuff and nobody gets out, not on my watch"

I closed my eyes tight, maybe this was all a dream and I'd be waking up in the hospital any minute now. My uncle would be holding my hand with tears on his soft cheeks. He'd be ecstatic to see me wake up, telling me how worried he was while holding me in a bone crushing bear hug. But no, it wasn't a dream, this was real life.