chapter seventeen

AURORA STUMBLED, MUMBLING INCOHERENT words as she ran her hands across the hallway walls. she had finally woken up from her "nap", somehow escaping from her bedroom. her head was pounding as she tried to think of a way to escape.

her father had tried to take her memories away, failed this time, but she knew he wouldn't the next time so she needed to go.

her body was weak, barely able to walk but she fought against it. she needed to find ddot.

closing her eyes tightly, she gripped her head, she grunted , her knees giving out before she hit the floor.

just as her father was walking up the steps. "aurora? how did you get out?!" he ran to her. her head weakly looked up, eyes widening in fear.

"n-no!" she cried, forcing her body up and scooting back. "let me help you aurora."

"g-get away from me!" she slurred, her eyes hazing over, making everything around her blurry. she began to see two of her dad. "aw aurora." he mocked.

"what's h-happening to me?" she mumbled, feeling her body loosen up. "what needs to happen. you'll thank me later."

her head felt weird, like someone was controlling it. her eyes rolled to the back of her head before she collapsed on the floor, passed out. jason shook his head , "tsk tsk tsk." he muttered, slightly feeling bad for his daughter.

he grabbed his daughters ankles before dragging her. he dragged her all the way to the basement, clipping locks on her ankles. he set her up against the wall, pity in his eyes.

he would have to tell his family, aurora ran off somehow. unfortunately. he didn't understand why they couldn't just be a happy family. if she couldn't deal with that, then she's stuck down here.

he walked up the steps of the basement, closing and locking the door. celeste or akeem went to the basement they had no reason to. jason doubted they knew they even had a basement.

3 hours later and aurora was up again. as she opened her eyes, she attempted to rub her face but failed to do the shackles on her wrist. "the fuck?" she muttered, her mind all over the place.

she scanned the area, realizing she had no idea where she was at.

she pulled at the shackles, ignoring the instant pain once the sharp metal dug into her wrist and ankles.

"fuck!" she grunted, giving up. she laid her head against the wall, tears running down her face. she didn't know what she did to deserve this, but she knew she was tired of it all. she just wanted to be with ddot. that's all. that's all she wants.

'ddot..' she thought, the love of her life coming into her head. he wouldn't want her to give up, so she stopped crying, thinking of ways to get out of here.

"HELPPP!" she screamed, only to hear it bounce right back. the basement was sound proof, she never hated her father more then anything before this.

fighting again, she pulled at the shackles, biting back the cry that wanted to come out.

she was bleeding, creating a mess. aurora bit her lip, her eyes landing on a saw lying on the floor.