chapter thirty four

WARNING : thoughts about abortion. appointment for abortion.

AURORA RUBS HER stomach as she sat in the lobby of the clinic. she eyed the other women in the lobby, noticing how they seemed unbothered by the fact that they were pregnant.

and they all looked young, around aurora's age. they all looked okay with getting rid of their child. how could they just be unbothered and nonchalant? aurora was shaking in her seat.

aurora wasn't sure how she felt. she wanted to have a baby, but everything that is going on made her hesitant. plus she wasn't sure how ddot would take the fact that she's pregnant. the same thought going through her head, 'what if ddot is a deadbeat?'

"aurora james?" the nurse called, a clipboard in hand. aurora stood up, eyeing the women who sat one last time. "how are you ms. james?"

"i'm um okay.." aurora muttered, her hand rubbing her stomach almost protectively. "are you doing the um.. abortion today?"

aurora felt her body literally flinch as that word came out of her mouth. growing up she never believed in abortions when it came to HER. she always swore to keep the baby and give birth to it. she loved children and was afraid of hurting them.

but here she was. getting ready to kill her "first child". mekhi had no idea that aurora was here. she had snuck out while he was sleep on the couch.

surprisingly this clinic did walk ins, so aurora had been here for about two hours.

"yes i am. is that okay?" - "yea.."

the nurse pushed open the door, and gestured aurora to walk in. "i'll give you some time to change in the bathroom, while i set up the stuff."

aurora grabbed the gown off of the bed and went to the bathroom. she could hear the nurse moving things around and setting things up.

4 mins later, aurora is changed in the gown, her belongings in a bag she bought. she opened the bathroom door and walked over to the bed, setting her things on the nearby chair.

"are you ready ms. james?" the nurse questioned. aurora nods, her bottom lip in her mouth. she climbs onto the table and lays back. she takes a sharp inhale, while feeling her eyes water.

"before i start, i need you to be 100% sure you want this. your a little bit further in your pregnancy, so there are a couple more risk that you need to be aware of. the first one is -"

"i'm 100% sure." aurora swallows her spit. she felt as if she was lying to herself. her stomach turned with nerves as she felt the doctor open her legs.

"i'm going to begin now." aurora closes her eyes, gripping the side of the bed she laid on.

"WAIT" aurora shouted, scooting back. the nurse jumped back in shock. "n-no. i can't do this, i can't." aurora hands flew to her stomach.

she thought she could do it. but she couldn't. in such a short time, she grew attached to the "baby" in her stomach. not only that, she had remembered her interaction with solana and it immediately made her mind change.

"okay, let's get you changed." the nurse helps aurora off the bed, "don't be upset or feel guilty okay? motherhood is a hard decision, the hardest decision you could possibly make. and you had every right to think about this."

aurora nodded, tears falling down her cheeks. the nurse gave her one last smile before exiting the room to give her privacy.

when the door closed, aurora broke down. she fell down to the floor, her head falling onto her knees as she cried.