chapter twenty eight

AKEEM SAT IN AURORAS OLD ROOM, eyeing it in sadness. yea it's been a while since his sister had suddenly went missing but that doesn't mean he can't still be upset. their father, had told them she ran away. akeem found it weird tho, i mean aurora would run away so she can see ddot, but to just leave without telling akeem? yea, he doubted that.

his mother seemed to not care, not even batting a eye to the girls disappearance. the same with their father, he didn't care either.

akeem frowned, remembering back to a certain day. his father had stormed past him with his gun, saying it was a bear. but that couldn't be true. there were no bears in their forest.

so what was he going to shoot? akeem couldn't forget how his dad bought food to the basement. now i know what your thinking. was that not a big red flag? the thing is, it wasn't. their dad was known for feeding raccoons who would sneak in through one of the many like vents in the basement.

akeem only assumed it was that. but then, his mind went back to when his mom ordered his dad to repair it. she was tired of having raccoons mess things up, so she made him fix it so raccoons can stop sneaking it.

that only leads to one thing. aurora was forced into the basement, then she left. that explains the broken window his dad was talking about. he gathered his shot gun to shoot aurora.

his dad was the cause of aurora's disappearance. akeem gasped lowly before he shot up from agarose bed. he quickly ran out of her room and to where his father was.

he was sat on the couch with his mom cuddled up next to him. akeem snatched the cord out of the tv, stopping the two from watching their show.

"what the fuck akeem?" celeste exclaims, she stands up angrily.

jason watched him with a calm facial expression. akeem's chest rose , as he tried to fight back from screaming at his mother. he instead focused on his dad, "the fuck did you do to aurora?"

"excuse me?" - "mmcht don't play fuckin' dumb. where the fuck is my sister?"

jason stood up, sighing. "she ran away like i -"

akeem cut him off by throwing a punch at his face, knocking him back to the couch. celeste gasped, "AKEEM!"

ignoring her, he pushed her out the way and continued throwing punches at his father. making him barely noticeable. "where is she?" akeem spat, holding his fathers shirt tightly. jason coughed, "hopefully dead."

akeem punched him in the head making him unconscious. his body laid stiff on the couch. celeste watched in shock before her face scrunched up. "what was that akeem? how can you knock out your father?"

"are you serious?" akeem scoffs, shaking his head. "aurora is gone because of him!"

"she ran away, like jason said." celeste argues. akeem bites down on his bottom lip and walks off. "fuckin dumb ass bitch."

akeem should've known. his father was just like catherine. he obviously wanted to hurt the girl, but he didn't understand why. jason made it clear that he "loved" aurora and wanted her safe from catherine.

but now that he thinks about it, akeem never realized his fathers actions. locking her in the room, wanting to erase her memories of the boy she loved.

he was trying to shape her into something. he just didn't know what.

when akeem got to his room, he began to pack his bags. he wouldn't rest until he finds his little sister.